TRUTH

"Ada, Jace is here. Come down now," my dad said while waking me. At the sound of his name, I immediately went down. There was Jace grinning at me. It had been a year since I was sort of transported to this timeline. Tonight was the night when Jace asked me to be his girl, only now he's twelve hours earlier; it's 7 in the morning. I was still hoping that Jace would finally be in his senses again. "What's up?," I asked him. I was surprised how my voice sounded normal when deep inside me my heart is pounding hard. "Ah supposedly, we are about to visit the dean today right?" he asked without looking staraight to me. I nodded.

"Can we cancel it? Maybe we can do it tomorrow," he was watching me intently this time. "Hazel's mother asked me to join them-," I interrupted him. I couldn't bear to hear their love story. I had been avoiding the topic since that day when he introduced me to her. "Okay!," I said. I know that my eyes were wet again. I pretended to make the flowers in the table just to avoid the glance. My tears were really betraying me. "Babe, are you sure it's alright to you?," he asked worried. "Don't worry! I will make it up to you. I'm sure I can convince the dean for us to be classmates," he said trying to cheer me up. I laughed bitterly. I knew what will happen but I couldn't do anything to make it happened. "I'm sure, in fact I had never been this sure," I said trying to smile.  "Great then I'll go now." He said avoiding my eyes. I thought I saw something in his eyes, a flicker of loneliness, I waved at him as he walked towards the gate. I was sure I was lying. I hated it when I can't do nothing but cry, but I guessed I couldn't do anything about it; we were  not destined. I watched the ring in my hand. The moment I will take this ring in my hand I will not cry again. I will not feel hurt seeing Jace with someone else. What a great escape!

Suddenly I heard someone sobbing. The girl in the airport is at the door. She was getting hazy; I can even see a faint view of the door behind her. She was about to disappear. I watched her closely. Her face is angelic like mine.

"Ada!," my tita called. I tried to look back at the girl but she had disappeared. "You looked harassed. Have you been crying?," she asked knowingly. I didn't answer. "The worst regret the person can have in life could have is not the wrong thing he had done, but for the right things he never did," she started with a knowingly smile. My tears started to fall again. She hugged me.