Friends

Juvia was sitting in the guildhall, in a quiet corner to herself. She was watching Gray from afar with her chin propped up by her hand, watching him dreamily. He was laughing with all his teammates, when their eyes locked onto one another's. Juvia sat up straight when she saw him get up and head straight for her. Her heart was racing, a smile on her face. Was he coming to talk to her?!

"Oi Juvia?"

"H-hello Gray-sama." Juvia started fidgeting with her fingers that were in her lap as she was wondering what he wanted with her. Not like she was complaining, it's just that she thought he didn't want to hang out with her ever again.

He gave her a soft smile while pointing back at his team. "Would you like to go on a job with the rest of us? We could use your help on this one."

Juvia couldn't help but blush as her facial expression brightened up. Never in her wildest dreams would she have thought that Gray would actually ask to go on a job with her! Okay, so sure, he asked if she wanted to go with the rest of the team, but before long, she knew that he would be asking her to go with him, just the two of them. Baby steps.

She nodded furiously at him, not trusting herself with words because knowing her, she might ruin the moment. She watched as he grinned, but his grin was suddenly getting too wide. Juvia's face slowly dropped when he looked too familiar, but not like himself. Gray didn't do toothy grins.

"Why is Gray-sama mimicking Natsu?"

Gray's smile suddenly fell and instead he looked sheepish. Eventually, the face morphed into that of Natsu's and Juvia's jaw dropped. What the absolute hell?!

"Whoops, you weren't meant to recognise me. I just wanted ta cheer you up, y'know? You always look so sad, I didn't want you lookin' like that anymore."

Juvia smiled a little bit even though she was confused. "Juvia guesses that it's the thought that counts, but please, don't dress up like Gray-san again."

Natsu laughed before looking her dead in the eye and said, "wake up."

"Huh?"

"Wake up. It's time for you to wake up."

"JUUUUUVIAAAAA!"

Juvia suddenly opened her eyes to the sing song voice and jolted awake, smacking Natsu in the face with her elbow. As she sat up, Natsu fell backwards and out of the tent, clutching his face where Juvia had just hit him. Juvia bit her lip in order to not laugh, but it didn't work.

He groaned as he sat up, pouting when he saw Juvia laughing.

"Not even funny."

"Oh Natsu, Juvia is so sorry! Maybe you shouldn't have been so close."

She snickered and Natsu rolled his eyes with a smile on his face as they crawled out of the tent. The fire was long out and Juvia stood up to stretch. "Juvia must admit, sleeping in a tent is quite comfortable. Maybe we should go camping again."

Natsu had walked over his tent and looked at the girl over his shoulder. She was looking at him with bright eyes and a wide smile. She was actually being genuine about wanting to camp again. He didn't know many girls who wanted to camp. Maybe it was because it wasn't Lucy's style and Erza brought too many things that it wouldn't be suitable to camp.

"Are you being serious?"

Juvia nodded her head. "Yup! Juvia would like to camp again with Natsu some time."