Chapter 2 | The Smell Of Blood

Start from the beginning

She thrashed around so much, you ended up tripping and falling down a cliff. You were still holding Tanjiro's hand, so he had fell down with you.

You pulled Tanjiro, the closest one to you, and pulled him close, hugging his body as you took the impact of the ground.

Luckily, it didn't hurt as much as you thought it would, since the snow was super fluffy. You both got up. "Nezuko!" You shout.

You and Tanjiro look around, spotting Nezuko standing with her head hung low. "Nezuko! Are you all right?! You don't have to walk! I'll carry you to town, okay?!" You and Tanjiro ran over to Nezuko.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro said. As you both approached her, her head snapped up. Her pink eyes looked angered, and veins covered her forehead.

She had grown fangs, which she bared with drool dripping from her chin. She tried biting at Tanjiro, but you grabbed her shoulders to stop her. "N-Nezuko!" You stammered.

Tanjiro used the handle of the hatchet and shoved it into Nezuko's mouth from behind you as you held her back.

Nezuko jumped, causing you and Tanjiro to fall over. "Sorry, Tanjiro!" You apologized. "I'm fine!" He reassured. Nezuko growled louder.

"I think.... she's a demon. It's like what Mr. Saburo told us!" You muttered.

Nezuko grew in size. You helped Tanjiro shove the hatchet further into Nezuko's mouth, seeing that Tanjiro was struggling.

"Nezuko! Hang in there, Nezuko! Don't give in! You gotta hang in there! Don't turn into a demon! You gotta stay strong! Hang in there! Hang in there!" Tanjiro cried.

"Nezuko, please...." You whispered. That's when a tear fell out of Nezuko's eyes. Nezuko cried, her face relaxing a bit into a sad one. That's when you saw someone above you with a blade.

Tanjiro reacted faster and grabbed Nezuko's neck, bringing you along with him as he saved you three. You both rolled until you hit a tree, hitting it with a grunt.

Nezuko grew smaller in size. You looked over at the man with the sword to see a man with a black ponytail and blue eyes.

He held a katana in his right hand, the words 'DEMON DESTROYER' engraved into it.

You got up and stood with your hands spread out, getting into a protective stance. "Why are you protecting it?" The unknown man asked, his voice calm and nonchalant.

"She's my younger sister." You replied calmly. "Nezuko!" Nezuko growled and tried to get out of Tanjiro's grasp. You glanced at Nezuko and back at the man.

"You call that thing your sister?" He asked again. You narrowed your eyes at him as he charged forward.

You turned around just as fast and covered both Tanjiro and Nezuko, but Nezuko disappeared. You snapped your head over at the slayer, seeing he had Nezuko in his grip.

You got up, as did Tanjiro, but were stopped. "Don't move." You stopped. "My job is to slay demons. Needless to say, i'm going to decapitate your sister." He said bluntly.

Your eyes widened. "Hold on! Nezuko hasn't killed anyone!" Tanjiro yelled.

"Back at our house, there was another scent that i never smelled before! That's probably the one who killed our family! It wasn't Nezuko! I don't know why she turned into something like that, but... but still... as Nezuko's older sister, i know she wouldn't kill anyone!" You yelled.

"It's quite simple. Because her wounds were exposed to demon blood, she was turned into a demon. That's how man-eating demons multiply." He explained.

"Nezuko would never eat humans!" Tanjiro stepped forward. "You gotta be kidding. Just now, you and your sister were about to be devoured." The slayer continued.

"You're wrong! I'm sure she knows who we are! We won't let her hurt anyone! We're going to turn Nezuko back into a human! I swear we'll heal her!" Tanjiro yelled in desperation.

"She can't be healed. Once you become a demon, you can never go back to being a human." He shot back calmly.

"We'll find a way no matter what! So, please... don't kill our younger sister! I'll hunt down the one who slaughtered my family!" The slayer pointed his sword at Nezuko's head.

And that's when you became desperate. "Please! Don't do it!" You shouted. 'Please, don't take anyone else away from me...' You thought.

The demon slayer only stared at you. So you and Tanjiro got to the ground and bowed down.

"I'm begging you not to..." You said softly. "Please, don't kill our little sister! Please don't do it! I'm begging you..." Tanjiro cried.

____________________________________________

(1381 words)