I take his phone and stick it in my pocket, then take his hand in mine and lead him away from the bonfire and the crowd of people and towards the cabins. When we're far enough from everyone I stop and turn to him.

His usual bright eyes were glossy and his eyebrows were furrowed.

"I know them Angie. I know who they are. This is my fault." He whispers the last part as he takes his hands and runs them both through his hair nervously.

"It's my fault it's my fault." He mumbles to himself as he begins to pace.

"Daniel stop" I say grabbing his hands which were still gripping his hair and stopping him.

"It's my fault Angie" he says a little louder with a shaky voice. "Marcy is dead because of me." He says as a single tear slips from his eye.

"Hey. Stop it." I say sternly and place both my hands on his cheeks. "It's not your fault. They did this. They hurt her. Not you."

"But they're probably here because of me." He says sadly.

"Why?"

More tears begin to flow from his eyes and his heart rate picks up.

"Why Daniel?"

"They're friends of my dads." He finally says.

"Why would they be here for you?"

"Because I ran." He says now sounding more angry. "I ran away so he couldn't find me."

"Why did you run?"

He lets out a heavy breath and starts shaking his head. "I can't" he says frustratedly.

"Daniel I don't want to push you but you have to tell me now. You have to tell me then we need to tell my family."

His jaw clenches as he nods.

"I know. I just-" he takes in a shaky breath. "I never wanted anyone to get hurt that's why I ran." He says dropping his head.

I wipe away his tears with the pads of my thumbs before pulling his head to my shoulder. His arms wrap tightly around my waist as if he's expecting one of us to be ripped away from each other.

"You need to talk to me." I say softly as I scratch the back of his head softly. He nods against my shoulder before pulling away.

"I left New York because my dad might've been getting a parole hearing." He starts. "If his friends are here it's because he's using them to help him find me."

I frown at his words. I didn't even know his dad had been in prison.  "We need to tell my family." I say softly.

"I know." He says nodding.

"I'm going to send them a message to meet us at the cabin. Come on." I say taking his hand in mine and leading him back towards the cabins.

I didn't receive a response back from anyone, but when my parents and Angelique come strolling through the door of the cabin I know everyone would be here soon.