<Chapter Ten: On Off On Off>

Soobin has always been on and off with, just like a switch but just unpredictable. As loud as yeonjun's emotions were, they never really made any sound. He willingly lets Soobin cut his heart into the shape he wanted it to be. He doesn't mind it, no matter what, he will still be the stronger one right?

On some days, Soobin would walk him to his classes. On some days, he does not even appear near him.

On some days, soobin would hold his hand when they walk back to their apartment together. On some days, he wouldn't even glance at him.

The most annoying thing of all would be soobin's habit of suddenly cancelling dates. Yeonjun would be clouded with excitement after an hour of applying make up while getting dressed, just to later be met with the taller cancelling the plan at last minute. 

Yeonjun had once asked Soobin if he could also follow there- the place where Beomgyu has been grounded, but the latter's expression had turned dark and unsettling that yeonjun legit thought he was about to get hit. Fortunately that wasn't the case but instead of replying , soobin has only shaken his head and left the pink haired boy without uttering any more words.

The reaction was enough to frighten Yeonjun and he learned not to question the same topic again.

Maybe yeonjun's the problematic one in the relationship. It's been months yet yeonjun still doesn't know how to be enough for Soobin at all.

Can he even call himself healing when he's not being effective? Does soobin even need him?

Yeonjun only had himself to answer his thoughts no matter what.

It would be a lie if yeonjun said he didn't notice both boys and girls gawking at him these days. Not a narcissist but the change was real- that he has gotten prettier over months. Freshly dyed hair now growing over shoulders, both ears pierced and now pretty ear rings dangling from it.

More people now wants to be his friend and many flashed him cheeky smiles wherever he goes. Though the unnecessary attention was a hassle, they have been effective in making his self esteem to grow over time.

On one of the friday evening, their university held a soccer competition with another university as their rivals. It was a big event and many students from the rival uni had gathered at their campus to witness the match. Though there was no prize for the winning side, the competition was still treated quite seriously as the reputation of their unis depends on it.

Soobin had been training very hard for this match since the previous month, always overstaying at practices and overworking himself. His team was determined to win the game as they had already lost to the opposite team once in the past. Yeonjun couldn't help but admires his boyfriend as he faces his team with stern hawk eyes-  burning with will power, just like the captain he is.

After exchanging few words with their respective coaches, both of the team positioned themselves on the bald field. The game officially started after a few minutes.

Cheers and shouts immediately filled the atmosphere as the two team engaged in a raging match. As minutes passed, Soobin's team scored their first goal when the goalie of the opposite team failed to block the ball during a penalty kick. More screams roared out from excitements.

With blood rushed faces and spots of sweaty backs, the players continued the game with the same determination. The rival team also managed to score a goal when a player from Soobin's team had failed to pass the ball to the right person. And with that, half of the game was done.

Soobin was looking so pissed off when he was back on making strategies with his team and their coach. Yeonjun had even silently prayed for whoever is going get scolded by the blue haired boy because he be looking like he's gonna murder someone. After the little break, both teams were immersed back into the game.