<Chapter Two: Skeletons>

"WHERE ARE YOU KEEPING THE MONEY"

A loud scream pierced through the boy's ears painfully, as he struggled to get out from the iron grip of the old man, which apparently is his own father.

Yeonjun has sneaked inside the house to take a shower and grab the books that would be needed for the next day of college but unfortunately, the drunk old man has woken up and caught him sneaking out of his room, just in time he was preparing to ran off.

The pink haired boy has been exerting his best strength to pull off the hand around his neck but got distracted when a hard slap was inserted onto his pale cheek- a hot sting burned through the flesh.

Oh boy

It was certainly going to leave an ugly bruise the next day and the boy mentally sighed- a thick layer of make up would be needed again, to contour the ugly spot.

Breathlessly, Yeonjun bit off the hand around his neck and as luck seemed to be on his side, the grip loosened.

Without hesitation, the boy ran off in a swift motion as the old man was busy screeching from pain .

This was very normal day to Yeonjun.

He was 10 when his mom passed away from a colon cancer.

His dad ? He was obviously left devastated but soon changed .

Just like those depressive old man in cliche novels, his dad lost his job, eventually became an alcoholic and started using drugs.

Yeonjun was given no choice but to get used to it.

His father started getting violent when he was 12-  when he no longer had money to fuel his addiction.

From the lack of income and a job, consumed by greediness, he started demanding money from the young boy.

why would a young yeonjun has any money, u would ask?

Ever since the death of his mother, a distant aunt who was living in America, has been providing money for his school and medicines.

Oh? Medicines?

yes

Unfortunately, yeonjun was born with a weak heart.

To stay as healthy as possible, the pink haired boy relied heavily on medications since he was young and the medicine fees were always expensive. Words couldn't describe on how grateful yeonjun was for his aunt - kind enough to support his financial needs.

So where does yeonjun keep his money??

Another person apart from his aunt, who cares about the boy is a Bar owner at the downtown called Kim Jungkook. He was a college friend of his aunt and was close enough to trust with the financial matters.

More importantly, Jungkook was the one who made it possible for yeonjun to have a place to sleep.

For escapism

When the boy's dad started assaulting him, yeonjun was too scared to even fall asleep at nights because whenever the man felt his presence in the house, he would just go rampage- pounding on the bed room door, screaming, yelling, throwing things until alcohol worked its magic - made the man dozed off from his eccentric state.

And so eager to avoid being at home, the young yeonjun has tearfully confessed about his dad to Jungkook and since then the man has been letting him to settle inside the space of his small bar every night.