"You're my mate." Part 3

A few days later, you couldn't stop thinking about Azriel. Your mind kept going back to when he came to your room and how close you both were to the other. There was a small part in your chest that felt something for him but you didn't know how to explain it. You felt drawn to him in away that was to hard to understand, you had a small feeling you knew what it was but didn't want t get your hopes up.

You were heading to the library to have some quiet time to yourself, after spending the whole day with Cassian, you thought you deserved it. But when you got there, you realised that the library was already occupied. "Well I wasn't expecting to see you here." You said towards the male who was sat down on the sofa.

"I came in here to get away from Cass." replied Azriel. "You and I both." 

Heading towards the genre of books you like, Fantasy, you found the book Nesta had recommened and then went back to were Azriel was still sat. "A fantasy, smut book?" Questioned the noise Illyrian. "Maybe..." you chuckled back to him. 

You and Azriel both sat in comfortable silence whiles you both read. He was reading something to do with history. "Y/N?" You turned to face the Shadowsinger, "Yes Az?" He looked at you slightly nervous and then said, "Would you like to go for a walk?" You waited a second before nodding. "Ok great. I know a good place to go to." 

Azriel led you to the Sidra and then stopped at the middle of the bridge. "How have you been liking Velaris then?" You could see what he was doing, trying to created small talk, so you went along with it. "I love it here. It feels like home." You said turning to look at the water below you both. The stars were reflecting on the water, it looked as if diamonds were sitting on the bottom of the riverbank. "I'm glad to hear that. You've come a long way since that day Cass and I brought you here." You looked to the Shadowsinger and asked, "In what way?" 

Azriel turned to you and looked straight into your eyes and then said, "You've become more confident in yourself. You've grown more into the person you want to be, and I think its amazing. I think you're amazing." Your cheeks became to go red but you didn't turn away, you wanted him to see what his words did to you. "I also think-" He took your hands in his scarred ones, "I think your beautiful, on the inside and out." 

You both stayed like that for a while, just looking into each others eyes. You realised in that moment, how softly he was looking at you and how much easier it was to read his face. "I think you also amazing... and beautiful, every part of you is." You looked down at his scarred hands and brought them up to your lips, and lightly kissed them. "I think you're brave, caring-" Before you could even finish you sentence, Azriel leaned down and kissed you. Closing your eyes, you lived in the moment. It felt as if sparks were going through your body, awakening every nerve. His kiss was gentle and sweet, but gradually grew to be heated and claiming. His hands were roaming all over your body, while your hands moved up to his hair.

Eventually you both pulled apart, reluctantly. You looked back into his eyes and then it hit you. 

Mate. Mate. Mate.

Azriel is your mate.

You have a mate.

Azriel could tell you were shocked and seemed like he was about to ask what was wrong but you beat him to it, "You're my mate." You basically blurted it out. "Have you only just realised?" Said Azriel chuckling. You thought about his question, "Well... I always felt a connection to you but I didn't know what it was... until now that is." Azriels face then turned serious, "If you don't want it then-" You cut him off with a kiss before he could finish. This time the kiss didn't start off gentle or sweet, it was possesive. "I want it. I want you. I want this mating bond... that's if you'll have me?" A smile broke out on his face, he nodded before saying, "I want the mating bond to." That night you and Azriel spent the whole night getting to know each other more and doing a lot more kissing, but it never went further then that... not yet.

~ A/N ~

Hello everyone! 

I was wondering if you want me to right a... smut scene? Just be warned, I've never written one before... but I'm up for the challenge!

I think there will only be one more part to "You're my mate." So if you would like me to write more Azriel and Y/N content then let me know please! 

I'm thinking about maybe doing an Eris and Y/N headcon next or maybe a Tarquin and Y/N one!

Hope your all having a lovely day!

Holly x