ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

the wheels on aaliyah's suitcase clack against the tile flooring of the rental home. she stares at the chandelier in awe, before her eyes flicker across the expensive furniture. a smile plastered to her face as she takes in the beauty of the greek vacation home. she feels a hand rest on the small of her back, making her head turn to meet eyes with mitch. he pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, as he grins to himself. he was in just as much awe as aaliyah was. he couldn't believe this home was theirs for the next two weeks.

"i'll go take our bags to the room." mitch muttered, taking aaliyah's suitcase from her hands. she silently thanks him, before she takes a step forward on a journey to explore the house. she looks to her left, being taken away by the grey marble counter tops and the bright white cabinets in the kitchen. she runs her hand across the counter, as she looks out the patio window. outside was a large pool, with poolside chairs and a large umbrella.

"babe, you gotta check out this pool!" aaliyah shouts, taking a few steps forward to the sliding glass door.

across the kitchen, mitch appeared from a narrow hallway. he was not in his normal, agent, attire. instead, he was wearing a red t-shirt with plaid shorts. a typical, vacation-ready, tourist, outfit. he takes large strides towards aaliyah, eager to witness the amazement of the pool she had mentioned. once he was standing next to aaliyah, he saw the large mere in all of it's glory. he wraps his arms around her torso, from behind, before resting his chin on her shoulder. "wanna go for a swim?"

he pecks the side of her neck, before she opens the glass door and rips away from mitch's arms. she immediately removes her shirt, as she begins to jog to the swimming pool. mitch follows closely behind her, following the action of removing his shirt. aaliyah takes off her jean shorts, now standing in her underwear and growing impatient to jump into the chilling water. she dives in, head first, splashing into the water before mitch. the two recruits swim towards each other, laughing to themselves due to pure happiness and enjoyment of their freshly started vactation.

aaliyah places her hands on the back of mitch's neck, as her legs wrap around his torso. he places his hands under her thighs, looking up at her with a shy smile on his face.

"what are you smiling about, rapp?" aaliyah teases, her lips pulled into a genuine grin.

"you." he admits, flickering his eyes between her lips and her eyes.

instead of a verbal response, she decides to lean in and press a passionate kiss to his lips. he pulled her body closer to his, keeping a firm grip on her thighs as their faces pressed together. she pulls away seconds later, before detaching herself from him and splashing him and diving underneath the water. mitch wipes the water off of his face, using one hand before indulging in the water to find aaliyah. his vision is blurry, as he opens his eyes in the water. but he can spot aaliyah swimming gracefully to the other side of the pool. he catches up to her, using all of his strength to swim under the gravity defying water. once he was swimming right above her, he reaches down and embraces her in a hug. he emerged from the water, with her in his arms. the two of them laughed together, after she squealed from surprise.

they continued to swim in the crystal clear water for what felt like hours, splashing one another and sharing sweet kisses as the sun started to settle down beyond them. just before the sun set, they decided to exit the pool and head inside to make something for dinner. mitch pulled pans from the cabinets and ingredients from the fridge while aaliyah went to the bedroom to change her underwear and put on something more comfortable. she slipped on a pair of flannel pajama shorts and a grey tank top before walking down the hallway, and spotting mitch at the stove. there he was stirring a creamy marinara sauce with pasta together. aaliyah sneaks up behind him, before she wrapped her arms around him from behind. she rested her head against his back. "smells good." she comments.

"my dad's recipe." mitch responded.

that had been the first time mitch mentioned any of his family to aaliyah. she smiled to herself, knowing that mitch was comfortable enough to share more details of himself to her. she pulled her head away from his back to press a quick kiss to his bare back. she released her embrace on him as he began to plate the entree. aaliyah walked towards a cabinet, retrieving two wine glasses and then opening a small mini fridge to grab a bottle of wine.

as mitch set the plates on the kitchen island, aaliyah started to pour the glasses of wine. once everything was set, the two agents sat next to each other at the table. aaliyah was about to take a sip of her wine when she got an idea. she held her glass up, slightly. "i want to make a toast."

mitch nodded his head, before raising his glass. "a toast to what?"

"a toast to us, and all the shit we had to go through to get here."

mitch slightly chuckled. "may i add to the toast?"

aaliyah shrugged. "show me what you got."

"i want to toast to the first time we met, and the dirty glares we gave each other the entire plane ride to italy."

aaliyah shook her head as she smiled. "well, i want to toast to all the times we pissed off stan by arguing in the ear pieces."

"toast to the time we spared each other and i kicked your ass."

aaliyah points at mitch, as she laughs. "i only tapped because you were going to kill me, you psycho."

"whatever helps you sleep at night, wilson." mitch teased.

aaliyah narrowed her eyes playfully at her boyfriend. she leaned in, resting an elbow on the counter. "i want to toast to the first time you weren't such a hard ass, and you returned my shoes to me in paris. after cleaning them, may i add."

"they looked like really expensive shoes." mitch defended, leaning in as well.

"sure, rapp." aaliyah whispered, smiling at her colleague.

"a toast to finding you throwing knives in the middle of the night, after i broke your heart."

"a toast to admitting our feelings in a hotel room in india."

"and a final toast to this deserved vacation."

aaliyah and mitch tapped their glasses together, as they stared at each other with loving eyes. they both took a sip from the burgundy liquor, before setting down their glasses.

wilson and rapp enjoyed their meal as the sun departed and the stars made an appearance through the kitchen windows. everything had fallen into place, for the two of them. love like theirs wasn't expected to appear, but was sure to stay for as long as the two of them were alive. nothing could compare to the love that emerged from violent acts.