ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ

later in the night, stan had notified rapp and victor to make their way over to his and aaliyah's house for dinner. hurley had bought burger patties for dinner, but ended up getting busy during a meeting with stansfield and kennedy. aaliyah had offered making dinner for the night, which stan appreciated greatly.

she stood at the stove, pouring a small amount of vegetable oil into a skillet. she took a dry paper towel and crumpled it in her hands before using it to spread the oil around the pan to creat a thin, non-stick, surface for the patties. the oil started to smoke, signaling to aaliyah that it was the perfect time to start cooking the patties. as soon as she set a patty on the skillet, the front door opened. victor and mitch announced their presence before walking over to the kitchen table.

mitch was first to seat himself, immediately pulling out his phone so he could distract himself from aaliyah. he was on speaking terms with her, but still wanted to do everything in his power to swallow his compassion for her. even if that meant avoiding her. victor, on the other hand, walked into the kitchen slyly. he approached aaliyah, watching her cooking skills as she plopped another patty on the skillet.

"didn't know you could cook, wilson." victor chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest as he stands next to aaliyah.

she softly smiles. "wouldn't call it an intricate meal that i'm making. it's just a little bit of salt and pepper and waiting for them to cook."

victor furrows his brows. "just salt and pepper?"

"yeah." aaliyah shrugged.

"what are you tryna do? kill me?" victor jokes.

aaliyah raises her eyebrows. "kill you?"

"i mean, it's a crime to not season your food. here, lemme help." victor starts to open cabinets as he searched for any spices and seasoning he could add to the burgers. he opened the door to a thin cabinet, and pointed to the items inside. "you're really using salt and pepper when you got these sitting in the house?"

"like you know how to season food." aaliyah scoffs.

victor gives her a look that silently tells her 'try me' before reaching into the cabinet and pulling out garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. he took each seasoning and dashed the slightest amount over each patty on the skillet before setting them down and looking at wilson with a cocky look. she shakes her head, and puts her hands on her hips. "so, you're a shithead and a cook?"

victor shrugs. "my father is russian and my mother is hispanic. it's in my blood." aaliyah shakes her head as she softly chuckles at victors comment.

mitch glared at the two, paying no attention to the phone screen in his hands. his grip on his phone tightened, as he watched the two recruits engage in more conversation, getting closer and closer by the day. mitch started to wonder if she would end up having sex with victor, too, making a pit of jealousy grow in rapp's chest. he was starting to get possessive. he agreed with wilson to not talk about what happened in france, but that's all he wanted to talk to her about at the same time. mitch mentally swore to himself, knowing this this internal conflict would've never risen if he just never got involved.

dinner was done in a short amount of time, just as hurley was released from his meeting with his superiors. the four of them gathered in the kitchen as they served themselves to burgers, tater tots, and steamed vegetables. once everyone was satisfied with the amount of food on their plates, they seated themselves at the dining table. aaliyah sat next to hurley, while mitch and victor sat on the other side of the table. mitch was quiet for a majority of dinner, only making small comments about training. at some point in the night, hurley started to ask the recruits how they were feeling about their missions so far.