ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ

"god damnit!" the man everyone feared slammed his fist onto a large table, letting out a frustrated sigh. his victim was just rescued by the two people he hated most. stan hurley and aaliyah wilson. ghost kept his head low, not letting anyone in the room see the aggravated facial expression that was stained on his face.

"she killed our assassin, too, sir." a member muttered, afraid that the words he just said might get him killed.

ghost lifted his head up slightly, paying extra close attention to the pronoun his member just used. "she?" ghost sneers.

"yes, sir." the member says, swallowing harshly. the tone his boss was using with him practically felt like a knife to the chest.

"who is 'she'?" ghost growled, turning around as he stares at the weak and terrified member.

sweat was rolling down the member's forehead, his heartbeat skyrocketing. he licked his lips, trying to find the courage to speak up to his superior. "a-aaliyah wilson." the member whispered. "'she' is aaliyah wilson."

ghost furrowed his brows out of anger. he knew aaliyah was good, but he never expected her to be this good. ghost put a finger to his lips, and began to pace slowly in his office. he thought about how his plan was starting to fail. he would've never guessed for this to happen. "what about arnie? how did she get him out? you set off the bomb."

"she somehow wasn't harmed in the explosion." the member whined.

"she wasn't alone, sir." another member responded, keeping his head low to avoid eye contact.

"who was she with?" ghost snapped.

"another recruit." the member answered.

"i thought you killed the other recruit?"

"there is another one." the member shyly placed a folder onto his boss' desk. ghost stared down at the folder, before looking back up at his crew and snatching the folder. he opened it, and stared down at the picture of the 26-year-old recruit. dark brown hair, brown eyes, a small cut next to the recruits eye. the picture was taken just after the explosion on the third floor. it was pulled from security footage. the picture showed mitch with his hand on his abdomen, seeming in pain. but another recruit was right by his side, aiding him with care and compassion. ghost stared down at the picture, trying to put together the recruits relationship. he knew what kind of person aaliyah was. she wouldn't just run to anyone after an explosion. he knew that this recruit must mean a lot to her. ghost scanned the page more until he saw a name. "mitch rapp."

"what is the plan, sir?" a member questioned.

ghost stared down at the picture of mitch, shaking his head slightly. "don't go after wilson...go after rapp."

...

"i cant believe you actually add that shit to your coffee."

"and i cant believe that you don't put anything in your coffee."

the two recruits softly grinned at one another, enjoying their morning banter in their hotel room. the two of them sat on the bed, facing each other, indulging in their breakfast. aaliyah and mitch had never felt this comfortable with each other, but needless to say it was a relieving feeling for the both of them.

"it's better straight from the pot." mitch shrugged.

"whatever helps you sleep at night, rapp." aaliyah sighed, taking a sip from her coffee cup.

mitch shook his head softly, and copied her action in taking a sip. he hid his smile with the cup, as he tilted his head back and gathered the last few drops of his morning coffee. he set the cup on the bedside table, and took a final bite of his cuisine. he leaned back, watching aaliyah put her complete attention on to the breakfast she was enjoying. she was too busy to notice mitch's admiration for her.