ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

aaliyah bursted through the safe house entrance, dragging annika in by her shirt, mitch following them closely. annika's hands were handcuffed behind her back, and she grunted and shouted as aaliyah paid no attention to the potential harm she could cause annika.

"kennedy! irene!" aaliyah shouted, checking around for her superior. around the corner, kennedy's heels clacked loudly against the wood flooring as she rushed to aaliyah's panicked voice. irene did not expect to see one of the newest members in aaliyah's hold, drenched in water and come cuts and bruises all over her face. kennedy gave a questioning look but rapp spoke up before she could even ask anything. "we got ourselves a rat. she's working with ghost."

kennedy looked at annika in horror, wondering how one of ghost's members could slip so easily between her fingers and put her recruits in danger. she shook her head before sighing. "get her into an investigation room."

aaliyah dragged annika, ignoring the kicks and squirming that annika was doing to get out of aaliyah's grip. after walking down a narrow hallway, kennedy opened up one of the doors with her key card and aaliyah tossed annika into the room, letting her land with a hard thud. kennedy quickly closed the door, making sure it was completely locked. she hid her keycard as she looked over at wilson and rapp.

"we got another problem." aaliyah muttered.

"what is it?" kennedy asked.

"stan. he's not answering my calls."

kennedy started to march down the narrow hallway, having aaliyah and mitch follow closely behind her. "last place you saw him?"

"hotel room." mitch nodded.

"but annika said she was going out on the field with him. i think she might have done something to him." aaliyah added.

"we'll try and track his location. hopefully we're not too late." kennedy mumbled the last part to herself, knowing that those words were break aaliyah into pieces. "do you want to tell me what happened to you two?" she asked, hinting towards the bruises and obvious fight wounds on both of the recruits.

"we found ghost." mitch said angrily.

kennedy stopped in her tracks, and turned around to stare at wilson and rapp. "do you have his identification?"

"it's ronnie, irene." aaliyah sighed.

kennedy had never been this stumped before. she never thought she would see anything like this in her entire career. a previous recruit in training becoming the enemy. she was dumbfounded. but as shocked as she was, she tried to remain as calm as possible. "i'll put it in the system, see if we can find his location, since we lost his member's 24 hours ago. i'm sending in lewis for investigation on annika, and i promise you we will find stan."

"thank you." aaliyah sighed.

kennedy continued her travel down the hallway, as mitch and aaliyah stayed put. aaliyah ran her hand through her hair, trying to ease her anxiety and not let it consume her. she expected danger in this job, but nothing this extreme. she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she lost stan. he was practically a father to her, and the only parent she had left. mitch watched her with delicate eyes, knowing how heart wrenching this whole experience was for her. he didn't know what to say to help her, but he knew that we wanted to something to ease her nerves. he put a hand on the small of her back, inviting her to bury her face into his chest. he ran his hand up and down her back, resting his chin on top of her head. he peaked out a window, noticing that the sun was starting to come up. him and aaliyah have been up for almost 24 hours, and he figured she was exhausted. "c'mon, let's go get some coffee."