Chapter 20----Buzzing on Bud Light

Who Can Deny a Hot Dean 😂😂😂

----EDITED----

SKYLA'S POV:

I hear Jack sigh and I glance at him. I noticed he looked at my arm. I looked down and saw a bruise of my dads handprint. I pull my hand away from his and rubbed where the bruise was.

Jack broke the silence and gave the driver my address

"5805 S 160th St 69135"

"On it" The taxi driver reply's.

We sit in awkward silence all the way home. Once we arrive the taxi driver tells us the bill and Jack hands him a little too much and thanks him. I take a deep breath of fresh air and glance around. Jack grabs my hand and I follow him inside the house.

Jack opens the door and I can hear my mom on the phone.

"Mom" I holler

"in here" she calls from the kitchen

"I uh- I thought you were working late tonight" I questioned her

"Well, I was *she sighs* but your dad got into a car accident and they found alcohol in his system. And he tried to make a hit and run, nearly killing the other people he hit" she dabs away some of her tears.

I bite my lip and sit down. "Mom, I need to tell you something"

She looks up at me and nods at me to go on. I look at Jack and he stands behind me and rubs my back.

"Well, uh-- He got aggressive with me when he went to pick me up"

My mom lets out a scoff and rolls her eyes. "Look, I know you've been through a lot, but you don't need to aim your frustration on your father" She turns around to the refrigerator and grabs a water bottle.

"She's telling the truth, Gina. I was there" Jack stands up for me

"Just look at her arm" He says jerking my arm from underneath the bar and flashing it to my mom.

She gasped and covered her mouth. "what--What, I don't understand" she looks up and down my arm

"It was an accident. We both shared a couple of brutal words. He was drunk he didn't mean it" I smile and stand up. "I'm really tired so I'm going to bed"

"Okay. I'll just talk to him, first I have to bail him without the news reporters knowing" She sighs

"I love you honey"

I turn around and walk up the stairs fast. I sat down on my bed and looked up to see Jack standing in the door way.

"Really Skyla, an accident" he air quotes

"yeah, that is what it was"

"Skyla, quit this. It wasn't an accident. He wouldn't do it, drunk or not. It was on purpose. he was obviously mad or upset with you" he sits down next to me.

"Skyla, has he done this before?" he questions me

I can feel my eyes start to water and I just stair at him. He pulls me in as I begin to nod yes. I didn't want anyone to figure out this. I wanted to tell. I didn't feel safe, but Jack made me feel protected.

"We need to tell your mom"

"How when I haven't even told you everything" I sigh

"well, when you're ready. I'm here to listen."