Chapter 30 - Jasper

"So you are okay that I'm not Samantha?" She asks, I wrap my arms tighter around her pulling her closer into my chest

"So you are okay that I'm not Samantha?" She asks, I wrap my arms tighter around her pulling her closer into my chest. Resting her head on my shoulder she places her hands on mine.

"I would have never known if you hadn't told me darling, the one I know and –" I stop myself.

She looks up at me, I kiss the top of her head. "And what Jasper?"

Resting my head in her hairs I close my eyes, her familiar scent makes my belly flutter. "I'm not worthy enough to say that yet." I say.

She turns around, wrapping her arms around me she hugs me tightly. "I'll wait for you." She says.

"Good God." I wrap my arm around her tighter, I love this woman so much. But before telling her that I need to come clear about the contract with Duke Samuel, I pray she won't hate me after that.

"You're gonna hate me." I press my lips to the top of her head. She looks uncomfortable, I shift so I can look at her.

"Why would I–" She shoots up and runs to the toilet, panicking I follow her. I find her throwing up in the commode, quickly kneeling by her side I grab her hairs.

She sits back flushing the toilet, resting back into my chest she sighs, "That fucking pasta." She groan, I run a hand in her hair.

"Are you okay?"

She groans, "No, my head feels light due to throwing up."

Picking her in my arms I carry her out, "Does it always happen when you eat pasta?" I ask sitting on the couch with her on my lap.

I hand her a glass of water, "Not really but it was too saucy. I threw up three freaking times!" She puts the glass down and snuggles into my chest.

I hold her like a baby, she falls asleep in my arms so I carry her back to our bedroom.

After I tuck her under the sheets I call Steven, my secretary to set a meeting with Duke Samuel.

"You have a business trip due next week Sir."

I groan, "How many days?"

"13, Sir."

I curse under my breath, I totally forgot about that. 13 days without seeing my queen already feels like hell.

"Can't it be postponed?"

"It was already postponed due to your honeymoon Sir, King William won't be pleased if you postpone it again."