Chapter 13 - Jasper

I shake hands with Asha Gupta, the one incharge of this event

I shake hands with Asha Gupta, the one incharge of this event. She's a beautiful woman in her mid forties.

"I hope I get to see your Queen next time." She says, I smile and nod.

After saying goodbyes to a few more people I board the plane. I look out drinking champagne, I'm really tired. I should take a nap, I get up and Steven walks to me.

"There's a little problem Sir." He hands me the iPad, I narrow my eyes and look at the report Aaron submitted.

The queen went out with Prince Justin for about four hours yesterday night from 23 hrs to 3 hrs.

What the hell?

Why didn't she tell me? I feel an uneasy feeling pull on my heart, she went out with Justin.

I close my eyes and try to clear my mind, these thought are just making me weak, they don't hold any power over me, they don't mean anything.

I'm the King.
King of Scelus.
The King of Scelus.

The rest of the flight is blur, by the time I reach the palace my feels are locked in my chest and buried deep down.

Power and control is all I need now.

I get off the car, she comes running to the door. Her hairs are set loose and she looks like a fresh breath of air. Beautiful.

"You're back." She grins, I smile involuntarily. She steps closer, so close our faces are inches apart. She smells like tempting chocolate, I'd love to have a bite of.

"I am." I say, my breath fans over her lips. She looks down at my hand and intervenes our fingers together then looks up at me. It's like she's checking if I'm real or not, I hold her face with my other hand and she leans into my touch. "Missed me so much?"

She smiles and opens her eyes, "You wish." She says.

"Brother you're back."

The bubble suddenly bursts and the faded surrounding comes back, I look at Justin who walks down the stairs to us.

Samantha holds my hand tighter, it has my heart beating faster. "I need to talk to you." She whispers her eyes on Justin. I look at her, she looks at me. I nod. She lets go of my hand and walks upstairs, she shares a weird look with Justin before walking past him without any greetings.

Justin reaches me and I give him a hug, "How are you?" I ask as I pat his shoulder.

He hugs me again, "I'm sorry." He says, and I instantly know it's about yesterday night.