Chapter 28 - Samantha

It's finally the BIG DAY! After weeks of hardwork and preparation it's THE masquerade ball

Gwen puts the mask over my face, it covers my eyes and my left cheek. I swirl around in the red glitter ball gown, it weighs kilos. I'm already tired.

"Sam I got your drink." Alice hands me my coffee. Over the weeks we have grown closer, she gave Jacob hell for keeping things from her and I enjoyed through it with popcorn.

"My lifesaver." I blow her a kiss and take the cup from her. My gown is so big it takes up a lot of space around me so I can't really get physical with people.

"What do I do if I need to pee Gwen?" I try to sit but fail.

"You just have to pull this ribbon and the skirt will open, easy peasy." She says showing a ribbon that holds the skirt around my waist.

I pull it and the skirt opens like a curtain but stands still, i step out in my short skirt. "Awesome!" I beam at Gwen who shrugs proudly. I tie the skirt back around my waist.

I finish my drink while Gwen helps Alice put on the mask over her face, it covers her eyes and has beautiful feathers over it.

Getting to the ballroom was a hell of a ride, I hate Aunt Catherine for making me wear such a gown even if it's gorgeous.

We get through the security check and enter the ball, everyone here is anonymous. No one knows who is who, it's kinda exciting.

I quickly look around for my dear husband. I feel like I don't know anyone here, the masks are really doing their job.

"I'll go look for Jacob." Alice says and I nod.

I grab a flute of champagne, I have fifty-five more minutes to find Jasper.

A hand wraps around me from the back, the ring on his finger isn't that hard to recognize. I hide my smile and put on a blank face.

I turn around to face him, this man takes my breath away. I forgot how to breathe. He's wearing a maroon three-piece tuxedo with black mask that covers half of his upper face.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" I speak in a squeaky voice, his eyes narrow and he looks offended.

"You don't recognize me?" He's tries to grab my arm but I move away.

"I don't think I know you." I tilt my head and look him up and down again. "But I won't mind spending a night." I wink and trace my thumb over his collar.

He looks really shocked which makes me want to laugh, he grabs my hand a bit roughly.

"Whom were you looking for?" He asks.

I shrug, "A man to spend a night with." I smile seductively and lean in closer, "Seems like I found one." I whisper against his lips.

He smirks and kisses me, my eyes widen but I kiss him back, it's the first time we are kissing in public so I don't go all in.

I take his hand and pull him outside, I grab my gown with my other hand so I don't trip and fall. "Where are you going?" He asks, I blow him a kiss and take him out to the gazebo.

I push him on the seat and unwrap the heavy gown around my waist, his eyes widen as he looks around.
"What are you—"

I kiss him, sitting on his lap I wrap my arms around his neck. Our masks hit together, his hand slides up and down my curves, "Darling." He whispers against my lips.

"Hmm, sweet talking already." I rub over his lap, he hisses grabbing my waist.

"Stop pretending, there's no way I won't recognize my wife." He kisses the ring on my finger, I smile while bitting my lips.

I take his mask off, "Oh no, you are my husband." I fake gasp. Raising a brow in amusement he pulls me closer to him, "I swear I wasn't cheating." I place my hands on his shoulders.

"Such a minx." He pulls on my lower lip while taking off my mask. "You belong to me darling. If any other man dares to touch you, he'll loose the ability to do that ever again."

Goosebumps lite over my skin, my breathing gets hallow as he holds the back of my neck kissing down my jaw, he hugs my waist and rests his face in the crook of my neck.

I play with his hairs and look up at the sky, "Jasper look, it's a full moon." I say, he hmms.

"It's beautiful." He says, I smile nodding.

"How about talking a walk?" I pull back, he's staring at me weirdly which makes my belly flutter.

"Can you walk in that gown?"

"I don't have to wear that." I glance at the skirt that's open and waiting for me to wrap it around my waist.

"I'm not letting people see you like this." His hands rub over my thighs, I raise my brows at him.

"What's wrong with you today?" I press on his shoulders, he leans closer pressing his body to mine.

He moves some hairs behind my ear, "I just saw how seductive my wife can be." He says, I laugh out loud making him smile.

"I was just teasing you." I say standing up and reaching for the skirt, he pulls me to him by grabbing my waist, I gasp sitting back on his lap.

Resting his chin on my shoulder he doesn't say anything, it doesn't take much to melt into his warmth. "I feel really happy when I'm with you Jasper." I say looking up at him, his face softens and he kisses my temple.

"Being with you makes me happy too darling."

I turn halfway so my shoulder is touching his chest, "I mean it Jasper, I- I don't know, I've never felt like this for anyone before. When I'm with you I want the time to stop and –"

His lips come on mine stopping my blabbers. I inhale deeply feeling my heart almost explode with tension, I can't say the eighteen letters to him without feeling nervous. I'm scared how he'll react, I'm scared the connection we have will be destroyed, I'm scared that he won't say them back.

He pulls back staring at me, the fireworks go off and I see his lips move but I don't hear what he says. I can't pull my eyes from him, the emotion there gives me hope, hope that he might feel the same too, hope that I can survive as Samantha.

"It's time for the real ball." He says, nodding I stand and put the skirt around me, he helps me tie it tightly.

I don't know what it is but something between us changed, his touches grew longer, his eyes hesitated to leave me, his lips pulled up everytime he saw me, his eyes shone with happiness.

Somethings changed or maybe everything did.

**

Vote and Comment:)