Chapter 9 - Samantha

The more I wander the more I get lost in this huge ass palace

The more I wander the more I get lost in this huge ass palace. Lady Carla is going to kill me and chop me into pieces when she finds me. I was supposed to be in her office fifteen minutes ago, I take a right turn and the guards quickly straighten making me flinch.

They bow their heads, I carefully approach one of them. He has blonde hairs complementing his brown eyes. "What's your name?" I ask, he looks startled.

"Aaron, Your Majesty." He replies, his hands are behind his back making his chest look incredibly wide.

I nod with a smile, I lean closer to whisper. He understands and lowers his head so he can lend me his ears. "By any chance do you know where is Lady Carla's office?" I ask, he raises his brows in surprise.

He nods, "It's on the second floor, the west side of the building, the fifth room." He says memorized. I blink at him not understanding the location. He straightens and I take a step back in surprise. "I'll take you there." He says, I smile instantly.

I tell him a quick thank you and follow him to the other floor. I watch the muscles of his shoulders move under his suit, he is taller than Jasper. Speaking of Jasper. I look down at the ring on my finger, a smile pulls on my lips. I haven't seen much of him since we returned back to the palace, he seems very busy.

I knock into Aaron's back, I quickly take a few steps back. Aaron turns back surprised, "Are you okay?" He asks, I nod pinching my nose. It hurts. I drop my hand and look at the door we stopped outside. "This is the room." He says, I thank him before entering the room.

The room is brighter than any room I've seen, white walls, white marbled floor, white desk, couch and everything fucking thing is white.

Lady Carla looks up at me from the papers on her desk, I give her a small smile. She glances at her wristwatch then back at me.

I speak before she does, "I know I'm late, and I'm terribly sorry for that. The palace is very big, I'm not used to it." I look at her pleadingly. She takes off her round glasses and puts it on the desk. She stands up and walks to the edge of her desk.

She clears her throat before talking, "I remember that Lord Samuel's place is no small than ours." She crosses her arms against her chest.

"Are you kidding me! My home was nothing like this. And my nanny used to be there with me all the time." I say without thinking, I quickly cover my mouth with my hands and my eyes go wide. She looks surprised at my tone as well. "I'm so sorry." I say again.

She sighs and puts her glasses back and picks the papers. "Seems like I have to add one more hour of language class to your schedule." She grabs a pen and scribbles on the paper.