Rhysand ⛓

Au: Rhys came to you (after a long period of time) to ask for your help, not knowing you knew a secret that he believed only he knew.

~¥~

You run your hand over his face, "you're an interesting one my Rhys."

"Am I now?" He asks with a lazy smile on his lips.

"Yes... your eyes are beautiful, and your power even more so," Your nails graze his cheek. "You know I could cut you up right here, snap your neck. Easily." You continue circling the chair he's tied up to, and when you go behind him he tilts his head back with that same lazy smile.

"Why thank you for reminding me y/n dear."

Your nails scrape his cheek as you come in front of him and look him in the eyes. "You're a fool for coming here, and trusting me."

"And you're a fool for trusting me."

"I guess we're both fools then aren't we?"

"I guess so." He blinks lazily at you. "Would you mind?" He says gesturing to the shadow bindings on his hands and legs that you have him tied up with.

"Actually, I would." You take him by the collar of his shirt and bring your lips as close as you can to his face without touching his. "It would make this far less intimidating don't you think?"

He hums deep in his throat, "it would, wouldn't it?" Our lips almost touch.

You let go with a smirk, "Well then tell me love, why come to me for help?"

"Because, you are the best, no?"

"Please leave the flattery for later Rhys. Why are you really here?"

"Okay, y/n I need you to help me with the Hybern situation. I already know you know everything about it so don't deny it." He sighs.

You smirk, "Why Rhys you know me so well," you place a finger on your chin for a second, pretending to think, "What do I gain from this?"

"A place in my Inner Circle."

The smirk falls from your face and a look of half confusion and half joy replaces it, "You're serious?"

"Yes y/n I'm serious."

Your smirk returns, "What  are we waiting for then , my dear mate?" A look of shock crosses his face at your last word, "Did you really think I didn't know? I've known for years."

He raises his eyebrows and returns the smirk, "Sorry to underestimate you then my dear."

You shake your head with a smile now, "We're both fools, stupid fools." You swipe a nail through your shadows binding him to the chair and yank him to his feet.

The lazy smile returns and you laugh, "Kiss me you fool."

"I can't deny such a polite request now can I?" He leans in slowly.

"That was a command, not a request," you whisper.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you over the thunderous pounding of your heart."

"Oh my gosh! Just shut up," you grab his face, but not forcefully, and press your lips together, and your lips move together slowly before the kiss begins to get heated, and you pull away.

"Now, now. We'll have to wait a while for that my Rhys. We'll have much more time for this after everything has been sorted out." You caress his cheek and let yourself look at his astonishing face for a little while.

"Like what you see?"

"Of course I do, who wouldn't."

He smiles and steps back as he  extends his hand, "may I take you back to Velaris darling?"

You place your hand in his, "Yes you may."

~¥~

A/n: aha it's been awhile. Normaly I update more quickly, but I've been in a writing slump soooooo... it's fine though, bc I'm getting out of it soon. Anyways I have to start working on my 5 drafts as well😀 how fun. Ugh and I have to annotate a book for my summer reading which is killing me but it's fineeeeeee lol also posting this at 4:50 a.m

As always, thank you for reading this, and much love to you all ♥️

sincerely,
Your sleep deprived hijabi 😴