Azriel 🌹 (part 2)

A/n: here comes our favorite bat boy

You stare at him mouth hanging open.

What?!

"So you don't want to kill me?"

"Y/n I'm not a monster. I wouldn't kill my own child." He states. And yet you'd kill other people's children. You internally roll your eyes at him.

If he's going to give you the crown then why'd he shoot you with an arrow?! "Would you mind telling me why you shot me?" You ask furiously, "Everything hurts." You groan and your head slumps down reminding you of the pain you feel.

"You weren't going to come either way. I searched for years and finally found you. I knew if I just came to your door and told you to come back you wouldn't have. I'll get a healer in here for you."

Oh now he wants to help "That was an ash arrow."

"You would have winnowed away if I used anything else." You hate that he's right.

"When do you plan on giving up the throne?"

"As soon as you visit the courts and settle the ties with them." He tells you.

"By myself?!"

"Yes."

"Great," You wheeze, because all this talking hurts your throat. Thankfully that's when the healer walks in.

You refuse to get up so she tends to you on the floor. You won't forget all that your father has done to you and your court, but you can show some sympathy for him since he's willing to give up the crown. To you of all people.

After quite a few hours the ash has left your body, and you don't feel a stabbing pains all over you. Thank goodness.

Tamlin stands in front of you offering you his hand. "Y/n you can start with the Summer Court, you won't be visiting Autumn... I think you know why. And you'll move all the way to the Night Court, sadly."

You take his hand and let him pull you up. "Well I guess I'd better start moving then."

"Tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow." You agree.

~¥~

Three weeks later

"Today's the day y/n, the last court you have to visit." Lucien tells you, "Come on, up, out of bed." And he rips the covers off of you.

"Oh my gosh leave me aloneeee!" You groan into your pillow blindly searching for your blanket. All you want is to sleep for days on end. "Just five more minutes."

"You said that ten minutes ago and look where you are."

"I don't wanna go." You humph into your pillow.

"Oh stop being a baby y/n this isn't going to take long."

You had visited all of the courts except for the Night Court, and you were sore all over. You haven't walked this much in a long time. To top things off Tamlin didn't make you go alone, he actually made Lucien swear to protect you and take you to each court, bringing you back in one piece. It made you feel weak, but you know you wouldn't have gotten this far on your own.

Slowly you turn over and the light blinds you for a second. "You better be glad I wasn't sleeping nude," You exclaim.

"Well you weren't so get up and be outside in ten minutes.

You groan yet again. This is going to be a long day.

~¥~

The Night Court