chapter twelve

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

❝ i bow before no man ❞

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

BLACK WIDOW shot and stabbed at the enemies, taking down as many Outriders as she could. The women cleared the way for Carol to fly through with the gauntlet with ease. Nova, Wanda and Valkyrie went up to destroy the leviathans.

Nova flies further out and ends up in front of Bucky and Sam who were tangled up with some of the Chitauri as a leviathan threatens to land right on them.

Still floating above ground, she grips onto the leviathan and holds it up with her powers. She clenched her fists and it crumbles into pieces before she let it land onto their enemies. The brunette looked over her shoulder, sharing a meaningful look with Bucky as he nodded at her reassuringly.

"You boys okay?" she landed next to Sam who was on the ground after getting a minor hit. She crouched down to check on him, and he only nodded.

"Yeah," he looked up, not entirely sure of where he's seen her before, "I'm good." She nodded before getting up and towards Bucky.

Reaching out a hand, he clasped his flesh one into hers and gave it a firm squeeze. "You scared the shit out of me," he said to her and she pursed her lips.

"I didn't have a clue this was gonna happen either," she shrugged. "But I'm here now. And we're gonna kick some alien ass, is that cool with you Sarge?" she had a tint of humour in her tone and he couldn't help but grin at the girl.

"Sure. But you owe me a dance after this shit show," he responded as he refilled his gun and held it up. Turning to look at her with a smirk on his face, he saw her looking at him with her mouth agape and head tilted in slight surprise.

However, before she could respond, they were blasted away from the impact of an explosion. Nova felt a stinging pain in her left thigh, only to find a piece of broken metal sticking through.

"Damn it," she cursed under her breath, reaching over to inspect her wound.

The brunette looked around her, only to find the van that was their time machine had been exploded. Nova scanned the area desperately for the gauntlet, and she saw it. Ignoring the burning pain in her thigh, she levitated off the ground and advanced towards the gauntlet. Just as she landed a few feet away from it, Thanos was opposite of her in the exact same position.

"I was looking for you, princess," he said with a smug tone. "You should've seen your parents. Begging for me to spare you. Such a shame, they died protecting you."

She felt her heavy heart ache as she replayed the scene she saw in limbo in her head, but her demeanor never once wavered. "You'll pay for what you did. The murder of the King and Queen of Ivazar will not be something you'll get away with," she spat, her tone laced with venom.