prologue

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

❝ and if i stay? ❞
❝ you'll stay? ❞

❝ and if i stay? ❞❝ you'll stay? ❞

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

THE CALMING nature of Ivazar embraced Nova like a warm blanket wrapped around your body when you're cold. This was probably her longest stay after making Ezra king alongside her, and she's feeling more at peace than ever.

Her brother was currently stuck in some royal briefing for the guards, while she got to sit in their palace garden by the little river. She raised her hand and conjured some water, making it shift into random shapes as she made the water dance around.

She had been with him through a few meetings and business regarding the kingdom, but today she couldn't be assed to do anything. Only a month ago ( Earth time, that is ) she was fighting alongside the world's new Captain America and the White Wolf, and they've managed to keep in contact. She had the royal crew make a satellite that could help them use normal phones, which made communication with Earth easier.

She could hear the chatter and laughter of children outside, since the garden was further away from the palace compound. A smile made it's way onto her face as she gazed off in the distance to the children playing, her fingers still dancing and creating small splashes of water.

Over time her powers had evolved. It didn't quite make much sense to her, but either way she was learning how to control them. The first step was to be able to control her emotions, which to be fair isn't the easiest thing for her.

"They told me I'd find you here," a familiar voice that she hadn't heard since New York rang through her ears, and the far off look on her face was exchanged with a wide smile. Looking over her shoulder, she saw Bucky Barnes standing a few feet away from her with his hands tucked into the pockets of his jacket.

The guy really never wears anything other than his black leather jacket.

"You know, some day you might accidentally turn to ash for sneaking up on me," she joked, beckoning him over to sit beside her on the bench. "Well," he shrugged, sitting to her right, "sounds like a good way to go."

"Yeah? By getting toasted?" she raised an eyebrow and he nodded with a cheeky glint in his eyes as they both erupted into laughter. "How's the whole power thing going?" he asked once they've recollected themselves.

She hummed, raising her hand and letting out a tiny purple sphere that glowed but it seemed to have a rhythm. The glow would dim and brighten, as if following a rhythm. "What's that?" Bucky asked curiously. A small smile plastered on her face as she looked up to his steel blue eyes, "my heartbeat."

He focused on the glow, the way it seemed to have a nice and calm pattern. She had a steady heartbeat, the kind one had while they were simply relaxing and laid back, and the thought of her feeling that way somehow brought himself peace.

"What are you doing here?" Nova asked, keeping the glow in between her fingers for them both to observe. "What? Can't come visit?" he asked, narrowing his eyes but he couldn't even fight the smile on his face.

"Of course you can, but you just showed up outta nowhere. Now I can't help but feel like you came for a reason," Nova tilted her head at him, squinting slightly in a teasing manner.

"I just decided on a whim to come see you," he shrugged, "no reason really. Sam did say he was gonna come too but I don't know when he's gonna show."

"Is Sam coming for a reason?" she raised an eyebrow and he chuckled. "I don't know, he didn't tell me anything," he responded.

The pair sat in silence, watching as the sun began to set in front of them. Neither of them even noticed that they had inched closer towards each other on the little bench, until Nova subconsciously laid her head on his shoulder. "Your arm isn't comfortable," she muttered, a pout on her lips but she didn't bother to move.

"It's made of vibranium, not cushion," he retorted and the girl snorted, before bursting out into soft giggles.

"Just for details, when are you leaving?"

"Kicking me out already, Herrera?"

"No, cabron! I just wanna know so I can plan how you're gonna spend your little... vacation?"

He looked down at the girl who kept her head on his shoulder, despite complaining how uncomfortable it was minutes earlier. "And if I stay?" he asked, not adverting his gaze.

She moved her head, her chin now resting on his shoulder as she met his eyes. "You'll stay?" her voice was soft, and she had a gentle look in her eyes that made Bucky feel warm.

"I mean," his lips tugged upwards, "I'm up for it. Do I need a visa or something?" She laughed at that, shaking her head. "No, nope, you don't need anything like that."

Her smile faded slightly, as she pursed her lips and sat back up straight, casting her eyes down to her hands that sat in her lap. "I can't have you do that though. It seems like a lot," she muttered.

"It is, but it'd be worth it, right?" he looked at her with a gentle stare instead his signature intense ones. It was the kind he used on her and only her, but she never really noticed it. That didn't mean everyone else didn't.

"You know what? Let's talk it over dinner," she smiled at him, getting up and stretching out her hand for him. With a similar smile on his face that was once again reserved for her and only her, he placed his human hand in hers before following her out of the garden and into the place she called home.

 With a similar smile on his face that was once again reserved for her and only her, he placed his human hand in hers before following her out of the garden and into the place she called home

idk how often my updates are gonna be but hopefully it'll be as often and easy as the first book lol

that's it for now bye ! :D

don't be a ghost reader ! vote and comment <3