chapter one

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

❝ you wanna send my tiny ass back in time? ❞

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

BUCKY BARNES and Nova Herrera were outside the palace the next morning, playing with the children that were running around.

He's been in Ivazar for three days now ( equivalent to approximately five weeks–ish Earth time ) and the people were welcoming. Ezra and him were, dare I say, the best of friends and he was more than happy to let the soldier stay with them for as long as he wants.

Nova would've kept him in the palace either way but, cookie points.

She turned around at the sound of his care free laughter, finding the sight of him getting toppled over by a few kids who were now attacking him with tickles. A laugh escaped her lips as she pulled her phone out, recording a video to send to Sam later.

"How ya doin' down there?" Nova called out as she let the kids keep tickling him, a wide grin on her face. "Okay okay! You win! You win!" he exclaimed to the kids who jumped in victory as he finally calmed down from all the laughter.

The kids were called by their parents, who bowed their heads to the queen in respect to which in response she nodded, smiled and waved to. Crouching down next to Bucky who stayed laid sideways on the grass and leaning on his elbows, she hit the send button and the video began uploading to Sam.

"What're the plans for today?" Bucky asked, a smile still stuck on his face. "I don't know, what do ya wanna do?" she shrugged.

Just as he opened his mouth to say something, Winters approached them and bowed politely. "My queen, Sergeant Barnes, you have guests," he said to them.

Nova raised her eyebrows and looked to Bucky who only shrugged in response. "Let's go," he said as he got up to his feet, reaching out for her hand which she gladly gave him.

They headed into the private lounge room, hand in hand, only to be met by Captain America himself. "I can see why you haven't came back in weeks," Sam said to Bucky as he stood up and approached the pair.

The men shared a brief hug before Sam moved to give Nova one as well. "How have you been?" he asked the girl who smiled up at him. "I've been good, not as busy as my brother but still involved," she chuckled and he nodded understandingly.

Her eyes landed on Bucky who had moved to greet another guy, one that Nova recognized instantly.

"Doctor Strange?"

━━━━

"I'M SORRY for basically barging in like this. I found out that you've been working with these men so I asked Sam to bring me to you," the sorcerer said to her.