chapter nine

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

❝ you will change the endgame ❞

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

AS TONY, Bruce and Scott worked on the gauntlet, the others were sat in the loft lounge in silence. Their moods were still running low, after the death of the girl that they barely knew yet felt so connected to.

Wanda felt a shiver up her spine as she suddenly got goosebumps. She heard a broken scream, one filled with agony and pain. It felt all too familiar, like the one she let out upon feeling the lost of connection to her twin brother.

She looked around the room, no one else was bothered by it. She came to a conclusion that they heard nothing, and she shrugged it off to stop herself from overthinking.

"She wanted to meet the kids," Clint's voice broke through the silence. "We talked about my family and how she wanted to meet them after we got everyone back. I told her stories about almost everything and she seemed so excited."

"She promised us a girls' night," Natasha piped up with a small smile lighting up her face, Wanda mirroring her expression at the reminder.

"I never even got to see her kick ass," Wanda muttered and every Avenger in the room chuckled softly. "What? I wanted to see what she can do."

"I bet she can do a lot," Steve said and Bucky nodded with the smallest smile.

And then Wanda felt it again. Like someone was screaming at the back of her head and she gripped onto the roots of her hair tightly, trying to shake off the feeling.

She let out a loud groan, burying her head in her hands as everyone turned their attention to her.

"Wanda?" Natasha got to her feet, approaching her slowly with Clint following her tail.

"What's wrong, kid?" Clint asked as he kneeled in front of her. She didn't say anything, only letting out small grunts of pain as she kept hearing the screams.

She will bow before no man!

I'm not that powerful.

I was waiting for you.

You're my golden ticket.

You will change the endgame.

A familiar silver blur flashed before her eyes and she gasped, her head snapping up as the screams finally quieted down.