𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝟏𝟓: 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐡𝐡

Start from the beginning

What am I supposed to do now?

The door wasn't locked.

I see no cuffs lying here or there.

Am I free?

A growl resounded in my stomach, and I remembered how it had been days since my body refused food because of the sickness.

I decided to head to the kitchen to get some food and then roam around the mansion.

Remembering where the kitchen was, I head straight over there and grabbed two slices of bread putting a slice of cheese that I found from the fridge. No one was there in the kitchen, leaving me alone to make myself a cheese sandwich.

I roamed the hallways of the huge mansion afterwards. Trying to observe every detail and trying to figure out how old was every artifact, showpiece, or painting. It was fun in a way, pretending to be a historian and observing every single thing whilst taking bites of the sandwich in my hand.

I stumbled upon a hallway and my eyes went wide with what lay ahead of me. Hundreds and thousands of photo frames embedded on either wall. This hallway seemed to be longer in particular as it stretched out far away ending in a dead-end with a huge portrait at the end of the hallway.

I warily stepped into the hallway, eyes roaming all over the unfamiliar faces and people in the photos and pictures in the hallway. Pictures and photos which looked like they were taken a long time ago. Black and white, blurry, vintage. All ranging from different timelines.

I stopped directly in front of the huge portrait at the end of the hallway, silently observing the two people gracefully standing together in the full-body portrait.

A woman with dark hair and lively green eyes stood so beautiful and alluring. Her features ranged till perfection with not even a single flaw. Her dark black hair curled into a delicate style with green eyes deep and serene. I stared with utter memorization at her beauty and delicate features. Her body was petite, thin yet elegant and sophisticated.

Beside her, a man stood. His hair was long and shaggy neatly styled till his shoulders. A mustache lined above his full lips. A sense of power and leadership radiated off him by the clothes he wore. A sort of uniform type. He stood three heads taller than the woman held calmly in his hands.

My mouth parted open as I took in the sight of the two people standing beside each other, looking powerful, graceful and refined. My eyes were glued to their portrait unable to look anywhere else.

The woman wore a long emerald gown that fitted perfectly, tracing her thin, slim waist. Her cheekbones were sharp and high with a certain kind of edge to her face.

My eyes followed up and I noticed the two glimmering crowns on their heads. The man having a dark sapphire blue gem engraved into his crown in the shape of a marquise. And the woman having an emerald gem engraved into her crown in the same shape.

They looked straight out of a storybook of royalty and-

"Interesting, isn't it?"

I screamed and whirled around launching my half-eaten sandwich at the ghost.

Drew momentarily disappeared and the poor sandwich leapt onto the red-carpeted ground, falling apart. He appeared right after, a calm and composed look etched on his face.

"Ma chérie." He greeted with a smile.

"Don't creep on me like that ever again." My hands were on my chest, my heart still racing.

"I see you've found the hallway of old les gens." He stated, clasping his broad arms behind his back and looking up at the portrait I had been so immersed in.