Chapter Four 2/3

"DID I die?" I stuttered.
⠀"I don't know, honestly," Mackenzie replied. She sat down on her bed, knees pointing to me.
⠀All of a sudden, a light bulb went off in my head. I remember reading about the last victim before Brooke, a girl.
⠀"How old are you?" I asked. She made a strange face. "Sorry, you don't have to answer unless you want to."
⠀After a couple of moments of silence, Mackenzie finally whispered, "I would tell you, I just don't remember my age. In fact, I barely remember anything."
⠀I didn't know how to react to that. I climbed up on her bed and hugged her. All of a sudden, there was a knock on the door.
⠀"Open up!" A lady screamed. I forgot Mackenzie locked the door.
⠀"Go in there!" Mackenzie said, her pointer finger to her lips. She was pointing to the closet. I nodded and scurried into there. Mackenzie opened the door.
⠀"Do you know where the new girl is?" A lady with a thick German accent questioned.
⠀"No," Mackenzie gulped. "I know nothing about a 'new girl'."
⠀"Hmm...is that so?"
⠀"Yes indeed," Mackenzie replied. I haven't even met the woman and I knew I was already in major trouble.
⠀"Get back to work then," the female stated.
⠀"Yes, ma'am," Mackenzie said.