Chapter One 2/2 - Chloe's POV

⠀"Hullo?" my mom asked.
⠀I spaced out after that. I still couldn't stop thinking about the forest. Why was it so mysterious? What brought me there? I unzipped my jacket and thought. There had to be some reason why I was dragged to the creepy, the lonely forest.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀- - -
⠀Even though my sister wasn't here, she still got the bigger bedroom. Paige's bedroom was two-and-a-half inches by four inches bigger than my room. She even has her own bathroom! Of course my parents have the biggest bedroom, closet, and bathroom. But that's not the point, my sister is not doubt spoiled.
⠀It doesn't help that my sister is a smart alec, popular girl with a fashion blog that gets more than one-million views a day and three-million subscribers. I'm smart too, I just don't have the mathematics built into my brain. I do have a vast range of vocabulary, though. Why does Paige have to be the favored sister, popular girl, smarty pants? Why can't it just be me? What if I were Paige? I could have her bedroom and en suite. I pushed the jealousy out of my mind and laid on my bed, doing my homework.
⠀My scruffy dog, Jules, hopped up besides me. Jules was probably the only person in my family that loved me for who I am. Dogs are people, too, right?