serenity

Note: I included Geto Suguru in this chapter, but I didn't wanna spoil the manga so his actual character is a bit different from how I wrote him

Note: I included Geto Suguru in this chapter, but I didn't wanna spoil the manga so his actual character is a bit different from how I wrote him. If you're an anime-only, don't worry because you can still read this, but if you're a manga reader then please be nice and don't comment any spoilers. Thanks guys!

Two months later.

"Gojo-sensei, please get into position."

Currently, all the sorcerers were prepared to set their plan into motion at an abandoned train station near the edge of Tokyo. During the time leading up to this, y/n and the engineers had poured all their energy into completing the batons along with a holographic system realistic enough to trick the curses. The point of this was to properly lure out the enemy without making it obvious they were walking into a trap.

Using this advanced technology, the run-down train platform was now bustling with people and noise. Several holograph devices were attached to the walls and programmed to display a fake curse that Gojo would then fight, alerting Mahito and the others of his location. Not only this, but y/n managed to create a working prototype of the batons that she left in the hands of Maki. To account for her lack of cursed energy, she attached an adjustment to it that could take in energy from others as well. Prior to arriving, Maki had consumed a large amount of energy from every single sorcerer there, a feat only possible because of y/n's genius design.

They set up early in the morning, Nanami assisting them while Shoko handed out a modified poison proven to be effective against curses. The week before that, each of them got a protective shot almost like a vaccine, but there was no guarantee it would perfectly work so they were all wearing gas masks as another precautionary measure. Only Gojo was vulnerable, but they had faith he would be able to handle himself. Y/n's hands were clammy as she sat in the storage room, anxiously anticipating the cue to activate the next part of the hologram.

Nanami had split them into teams that were hidden in separate spaces: Megumi, Yuji, Nobara, and y/n were near the left side while Panda, Maki, Inumaki, and Nanami were on the right. Shoko and her team were further away, handling the medical aspect from a small shop down the street. Megumi glanced at the girl, quickly noticing her rising nerves and swirling uncertainty.

Knowing her, even if he asked about it she would just deny it and put up a strong front anyways. Because of this, he simply squeezed her hand for a split second, both comforting and assuring her that everything was going to work out. He smiled at her and her chest relaxed, her panicked breathing now slowing down again.

"We're all ready here," Nobara said over the intercom.

"Same here," Panda replied.

"Activating the hologram in 3, 2, 1..."

Simultaneously, y/n and Inumaki clicked the button on the monitor, a mangled curse appearing in front of Gojo that attacked him ferociously. The citizens ran off and yelled, the scene of a chaotic fight happening right in front of their eyes.