epilogue

"Babe! Where'd you put my sweatshirt?" Megumi yelled from the bedroom, y/n putting on her shoes at the entrance way of their new house

"It should be hanging in the closet! Maybe it fell onto the floor."

The two of them were heading out to eat dinner with their friends, who they hadn't been able to actually hang out with in a couple of months. It was now October and since last spring, all of them had officially graduated and were busy working as official Jujutsu Sorcerers, or in y/n's case, applying for an official job at the institute. She got it, obviously, and now she's an engineer at the school with her own lab and everything.

"Found it. You really need to stop throwing my stuff on the floor," Megumi walked out of the room, a casual yet classy outfit on him. Their dinner wasn't too fancy, so there was no reason to pull out the suit and tie or long dresses yet. Y/n rubbed the back of her neck after she finished tying her shoes, feeling guilty about constantly messing up his clothes.

"Sorry. I'll put it away better next time," she flashed him a small smile. He couldn't stay mad at her for long with that.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah, just let me grab my purse."

She took the bag hanging off the edge of their couch, maneuvering around all the unpacked boxes placed in their living room. Megumi and y/n always knew they were going to move in together eventually, so they planned everything out and executed it the second they graduated. They met each other's parents and their lives were going smoothly, exactly like how they wanted it to. Well, except for the fact that there's been so many curses around lately they haven't even been able to unpack yet... but they've chosen to ignore that for now.

"Let's go," she grabbed his hand after he finished slipping on his sneakers, locking the door behind them and walking towards their car. It was a decently-sized SUV, the perfect size for them and a great car if they wanted kids in the future. Megumi opened the passenger's side first, as always, and buckled her seat leaving a kiss on her temple. He then moved to the driver's side, turning the key and starting the roaring engine beneath the hood.

Soon after they bought the vehicle, it became an unspoken rule that y/n always got AUX, her phone instantly connecting to the bluetooth and shuffling through her playlist. She placed her hand on top of Megumi's planted on the gearshift, softly caressing his fingers with her thumb. Her head bobbed up and down as she stared out into the window, skyscrapers and blaring lights rushing past them. Megumi always enjoyed driving with her, sneaking glances at her figure happily listening to the music.

"Do you have any song requests?" she giddily asked him.

"Nope. It's all you princess."

God she loved it when he called her that. Despite being together for almost five years now, those nicknames never failed at making her heart race like it did the first time they met. A couple turns and red lights later, they had safely parked in front of a nice udon restaurant. They both got out of the car, their shoes hitting the pavement as they walked hand-in-hand into the establishment. The second they entered, they were met with a crushing hug from Nobara and Yuji that almost toppled all four of them over like Jenga blocks.