wall

The day after her date with Megumi, y/n decided to clean her apartment a little bit

The day after her date with Megumi, y/n decided to clean her apartment a little bit. Clothes were scattered on the floor from trying to pick an outfit for her date and her bathroom was disastrous after she did her makeup. Because of this, she whipped out a pair of gloves and cleaning supplies from inside her cabinet before scrubbing and organizing each room.

She vacuumed the carpet, sprayed the kitchen floor, hung up her clothes, and did just about everything to make sure her home looked tidy again. Music blasted in the background from her speaker, but it was suddenly interrupted by a phone call. The name "Gojo Satoru" was flashing on her screen.

The phone's bluetooth disconnected from the speaker and y/n swiped the call button, hearing Gojo speak on the other line.

"Hi y/n! I hope you weren't busy!!"

"Hello Gojo-sensei! Don't worry about it, I was just cleaning."

"Oh great! The higher-ups informed me of a new mission and I want you to come again. Yuji, Megumi, and Nobara will be there along with two of the second-years. We're leaving for Hokkaido at the beginning of next week."

The idea of a new mission made a wave of fear consume y/n as she remembered her last encounter. However, her determination to help others and use her intelligence for a fulfilling purpose was far greater than her doubt, as she instantly agreed to Gojo's offer.

"I'll be there! How many days should I pack for?"

"Hopefully only four days, but I would pack extra just in case. We've been getting multiple reports of strange activity in the Hokkaido area so you guys are being sent to find the cause of the commotion. It might take longer than expected."

"Got it. Text me the specifics later please. See you tomorrow."

"Yup! Bye bye!"

Y/n could envision his goofy smile and large hands waving after the call ended. She went back to organizing the house and the day was over before she even knew it.

The next morning, she went to classes like usual and took a small shift at the bakery. She sat at her stool at the front counter for two hours, taking people's orders and greeting customers. It was around 8:15 pm when she left work and she decided to head to Jujutsu Tech instead of home.

Her I.D. allowed her full access to the building's lab and she wanted to finish perfecting version 2 of the gun before the mission. The machine blinked green when she scanned her card and the doors unlocked. The lights flickered on as she entered and she was the only person in the room.

The eerie silence freaked her out slightly so she connected her phone to the lab's speakers and put on her playlist. The music blasted and she focused on finishing the gun, grabbing materials from a labeled drawer.

The drill whirred and she meticulously took apart the inside of the gun, reconfiguring it to accommodate for the aerodynamic disks. Her fingers carefully adjusted the metal machinery; working hard into the deep of the night.