fever dream

Weeks had passed since the curse incident and y/n went on with life as usual

Weeks had passed since the curse incident and y/n went on with life as usual. The bakery had the windows fixed as soon as possible and the school semester was progressing without much issue.

Y/n found herself in the library, reading up on different types of conductors as she needed to choose one for her upcoming project. She was building a small-scale model of an aircraft and was trying to figure out how to get the engine to work.

Music was blasting in her headphones; the girl quietly humming to artists like Chase Atlantic and The Neighborhood. She swiftly glanced at her phone and saw the time read 3:30 pm.

Work started at 4:00, but the bakery was only a ten minute walk away so she packed up her supplies and exited the peaceful environment. "Hi y/n! I left your apron in the back room," her boss Ito stated. She replied with a quick thanks and scanned the whole room looking for one particular person.

Ever since that traumatic day, y/n has constantly kept a look out for the stoic and powerful man that saved her life. No matter how much she tried, she couldn't get him out of her head and she'd be lying if she said she didn't wonder where he was right now.

As she entered the back room, she tied her hair up and put on her apron hoping to finally forget about the sorcerer she'd probably never see again. In order to distract herself, she put all her focus into the job and about an hour had passed into her  three hour shift.

Business was speeding up a little as 5:00 pm approached and she could hear a loud conversation take place behind the entry doors. Seconds later, the hanging bells above chimed and she could fully distinguish two friends bickering.

"HUH?!? Strawberry is wayyyy better than blueberry. You just have bad taste!" a beautiful girl with short orange hair proclaimed. "I do NOT have bad taste. You're just picky and stubborn!!" a cute boy with pink hair yelled back.

Y/n subtly chuckled at the encounter, wishing she could also have some friends like that. Since she just recently moved to Tokyo, it was hard for her to make friends especially while juggling school work and her job.

Honestly it was lonely sometimes, but these negative thoughts weren't getting her anywhere so she effectively pushed them away. "Welcome! You can grab a tray and pick anything you like!" she cheerfully gleamed at the comedic duo.

They both grinned at her and bowed their heads in respect. Y/n was about to take a quick water break in the employee area when a familiar voice broke through the friendly banter. 

"Hey, stop arguing and pick what you want already. We have a mission to get to."

She recognized the calm yet stern man in a heartbeat. It was him. Without a doubt it was the man who saved her life. Excitement was surging throughout her whole entire being and with no hesitation, she ran around the counter to face the now very confused boy.

She bowed at almost a 90 degree angle and sprung back up, "I never got to thank you for the accident last time! Thank you so much! You don't have to pay for anything today, it's the least I can do after you protected us that time,".

His eyes widened once the memory came flooding back and it took a second for him to formulate a response. "It's really no big deal. It's my job after all," he bluntly stated. Y/n looked down, a little disappointed in this reply, but he wasn't done speaking yet.

"I appreciate your offer, but I'll pay for the desserts. Just knowing that you're safe and doing well is enough of a reward for me."

Y/n felt her cheeks flush pink as she looked back up at the sorcerer. He was seemed like a kind but stolid person and she could feel her heart beating faster at his statement.

"Okay... I still feel bad for not giving you anything, but I guess it's alright if you're happy. Can I ask for your name though?" she timidly replied back.

"Megumi Fushiguro. You?"

"Y/n L/n."

"That's a pretty name," Megumi uttered. 

Her face was warm. 

"Thank you. Oh and what are your friends' names?" 

"I'm Yuji Itadori! And this cranky one here is Nobara Kugisaki." the boy answered right before his head was met with a powerful fist.

"Sorry about him. I'm Nobara!" she happily said while Yuji was clutching his bruised head next to her. 

Y/n smiled widely at the humorous interaction, "It's really nice to meet you! My break is almost over now, but I work here almost every day. Please feel free to come back anytime you want a snack!".

All 3 of them nodded in response and she walked back to the counter just in time to ring up a young high schooler's order. Although she didn't notice it, Megumi's stare lingered on y/n as she continued welcoming customers and helping them with their payments.

"Oooooohhhhhh, does Megumi have a crush on someone?" Yuji and Nobara teased as they noticed his odd gaze. 

"Whatever. Just hurry up and choose what you want," he dismissively replied.

Once they finished picking out their goods like custard buns, chocolate croissants, and macarons; y/n helped them at the counter and had another friendly conversation with them. Y/n could be shy at first, but she opened up since they were easy to talk to and she enjoyed the company.

They finished paying and began walking out of the store. Yuji and Nobara left first with the food and waved y/n goodbye, but Megumi stayed behind a little longer telling them that he needed to use the restroom. 

Of course, this was just an excuse to ask y/n a question he didn't want the other two to hear.

Once they were out of sight, Megumi walked back to the counter and asked, "Can I have your phone number?".

Y/n stopped breathing out of pure shock, but briskly regained her self-control. "O-of course. It's xxx-xxx-xxxx. Please text me whenever," she managed to say despite her clammy hands and nerves.

He lightly smirked and punched the digits into his cellphone, "Thank you. See you around y/n,". He left in an instant and it felt like y/n had just experienced a fever dream. She couldn't believe the events that had just happened.

Only one thought clouded her mind, I really hope I can see him again soon.