without you

Note: I'm so so sorry about the delayed update!! School is starting soon and I had soooo much summer homework for my AP classes, but I'm glad I managed to finish this chapter

Note: I'm so so sorry about the delayed update!! School is starting soon and I had soooo much summer homework for my AP classes, but I'm glad I managed to finish this chapter. I promise I'll finish this fic and probably include an epilogue too, but it might take some time because of my classes. I hope you guys understand and thank you so much for reading! Ilysm <33

"No school tomorrow. I think you guys deserve a break after all that," Gojo told everyone as they sat on the couch together. After Geto got away, they cleaned up the train station and went back to Jujutsu Tech to debrief on the situation. Everyone agreed that it was a sweeping victory despite his escape and that they'll be sure to get him next time.

"Thank God."

"Can we leave now? I'm exhausted," Yuji and Nobara proclaimed.

"Tuna tuna."

"Inumaki agrees with them," Panda translated.

Y/n was slumped on the edge of her seat, eyes red and nose runny from crying so much previously. Her hair was mangled and clothes ragged, but she still looked pretty amazing considering everything that had just happened.

"Alright everyone, go back to your rooms. We're done here," Nanami ended their meeting at long last, strolling out of the room. A heavy sigh released from their mouths collectively.

"I'm so glad we're all okay," Maki admitted truthfully. No one came out completely unscathed as cuts and bruises plagued them, but luckily not a single person retained any major injuries. Shoko herself said that was a miracle after she finished examining them.

"Me too. Let's go to sleep now," Megumi responded with droopy eyes. They all sat up from their seats, giving each other heartfelt hugs as they separated to finally catch a break. Y/n and Megumi were the last ones left in the room, her body leaned against his as they stood at the exit.

"Can I stay the night?" she asked with half-lidded eyes.

His hand naturally made its way to her hands, stroking her palms and pulling her closer.

"Of course. Come on, you can shower first," he instructed with a light pull. She felt herself relax as she entered his familiar room, the door shutting behind her.

"I'll get you some extra clothes. Do you need anything else?" he asked while she made her way to the bathroom.

"No, I'm okay. I promise I'll be fast." She didn't want to keep Megumi waiting for long.

He shook his head, "Take your time."

Y/n showered speedily, the hot water running down her arms and legs with bubbles of soap covering her. The feeling of it calmed her mind and relaxed her tense muscles. She turned the faucet off, dripping wet in the tub as she wrapped a white towel around her torso. Megumi was speechless when she stepped out of the bathroom, his hands almost dropping the plaid pajama pants and t-shirt he was about to hand to her. A visible lump formed in his throat.