MARCURIO - PANDORA'S BOX

*Hello all! ive been on hiatus bc i have had nooo inspiration/will to write and life has been crazy, but i am gonna try and be back. Based this off of a show called "Why Women Kill", so spoiler alert <33

pt 2 soon?

-

Rain fell softly against the window above the desk that Marcurio sat at. Rain and clouds were common at Lakeview manor, but the atmosphere felt different that day. It felt heavy. Dark. Murderous.

Could that be because Y/N had just slaughtered the Emperor of Tamriel in his very own chambers merely days before? Probably, but Marcurio did not know that. Nobody did, yet.

The mage slumped against his desk with his cheeks in his hands. He hadn't gone exploring with Y/N in months. The apprentice wizard and mercenary was demoted to being a house husband. HIs nightmare. He cooked, clean, and took care of the two children the couple had together. The only time his partner came home was to give gifts to the children, ask if the store made any money, and to head downstairs into the basement until they went away once more.

It made him sad that his lover was so distant. He wondered if he had done something wrong, and what he had done to upset them. Marcurio also wondered if they had been cheating, or if they were- god forbid- a stormcloak. The man had looked for clues or hints of what they had possibly been doing or keeping from him. He checked everywhere. His partner's chests that were scattered throughout the home, their closet, even under the furs the couple spelt on. Nothing.

Children's laugher shook Marcurio from his sulking. He arose from his seat and went downstairs as his children called out his lover's name. A smile crept onto his cheeks as he pulled Y/N into a hug. He missed this. He missed them. The smell of fire, wood, and sweat that came from Y/N wasn't exactly pleasant, but it was nice knowing his partner was in his arms, where they belonged.

"When was the last time you showered, my love?"

"Not sure. Did the store make any money?"

Just as quickly as Marcurio's mood had been lifted, it came crumbling down. Y/N had pulled away and Marcurio's mouth dropped open.

"Not even a hello? Or a how are you? Yes, the store made money. It's in the safe in our room."

Y/N pressed a soft kissed onto his cheek before scurrying off.

After supper and tucking the children to bed, Y/N disappeared into the night. Once again Marcurio was alone. This time, however, he was fed up. Fed up with waiting around for his partner like he was an animal in a cage. He was fed up with forcing himself to be rid of his own passions in order to take care of his partners life. He was fed up with being a shell of his former self. He was fed up, period.

-

Marcurio was angry as he climbed into bed. He laid on his back, looking to the ceiling. The man couldn't sleep. How could he, when his partner could be out there cheating, stealing or worse? Theories of what they could be doing swam through his mind. Did Y/N join the stormcloaks? Did they have an entire secret second family without him? Did Brynjolf finally get to them, and seduce them into joining the thieves guild? Why couldn't Marcurio find any proof?

He groaned aloud and got up from bed. A cup of warm milk would be enough to knock the mage out.

Tiptoeing downstairs, those same thoughts continued to linger. They stayed in the back of his mind as he made his way to the kitchen, mug in hand. Marcurio's mind was cloudy. He was focused on staying awake, and did not notice the trap door  to the basement open.

His foot slammed against the open door before the mage could process that the door was open. Marcurio set his mug onto a nearby table and tried his best to keep his voice down in order to not yell out in pain. The man slid down to the ground, silently cussing at everything and everyone. After the pain subdued, Marcurio opened his eyes.