RATING THE JARLS

i typically side with the Imperials, so sometimes I have little interaction with the Stormcloak jarls. However, I am going to try to stay as unbiased as possible. I will be basing this off of interactions, depth of character, and tolerability.

also this was written late at night so chill if there are mistakes heehee

-

EASTMARCH: JARL ULFRIC STORMCLOAK

• Rate: 2/10. BOO big racist poopoo. I despise Ulfric. He is literally a facist, and hates anyone BUT nords, even other human races?? I think he became power hungry, but might have had good intentions when he first started. He literally fought in the legion as well, so I'm not sure why he decided he deserved to be high king, or why the Nords should continue their old traditions. That's why they're economically, socially, and architecturally behind compared to other provinces in Tamriel. he only gets points for being kind of hot and having one of the hottest voices in the game.

JARL BRUNWULF FREE-WINTER

Rate: 8/10. I think he is a much better Jarl than ulfric. He, like Balgruuf, actually care about his people. Fights for the Elves and the Argonians. He even houses one of the Stormcloak royal families that were exiled in his house?? He is awesome, I just wished he let Kajiit into the city.

-

FALKREATH: JARL SIDDGEIR

Rate: 6/10. Siddgeir is super fucking annoying. He sends you letters talking about how he's heard stories of you, but they can arrive before you even find out you're dragonborn? He also is meant to be flirtatious/cocky but it doesn't come across as such. I only like him so I can have Lakeview manor, and if you're friends with him and you break into the Thalmor embassy, he can distract everyone for you. Other than that, he is a spoiled shit.

JARL DENGEIR OF STUHN:

Rate: 8/10. Granted, he is a paranoid Stormcloak, but Dengeir is definitely better than his relation. I love the miny missions you do for him, and I love his voice actor. His steward is also entertaining once she becomes that title. If only he was an imperial 😔

-

HAAFINGAR: JARL ELISIF THE FAIR

• Rate: 6/10. Super annoying. I like her as a person, but I don't like how Bethesda made her the only "feminine" jarl, and she's considered weak. Granted, its also the time period, but the other women jarls are made to be "manly", and thus are better rulers I guess? I don't like how everyone has such little expectations of her. That being said, I think she's whiny and I dislike her design so muchhhh. I do enjoy becoming her thane though.

-

HJAALMARCH: JARL IDGROD RAVENCRONE

• Rate: 10/10. My absolute favorite jarl. I love the Morthal vampire mission, and I love how creepy she is. I also like the jarls who aren't strictly empire or Stormcloak, but can see the reasoning from both sides. I love her voice as well, and I love her visions and how weird her family and basically all of Morthal is. I wish wish wish they did more with her visions, as it seems random and unnecessary? Other than that she's my favorite jarl.

JARL SORLI THE BUILDER

I've NEVER encountered her soo i cannot rate her 😩 she's cool for having an Argonian steward though. Also, she's supposed to be siding with the Stormcloaks, but says "by the Eight"? Kinda sus...😳

-

THE PALE: JARL SKALD THE ELDER
• Rate: -100000000/10. ACTUALLY WORSE THAN ULFRIC. He is a big whiny fucking piss baby bitch assed mf and I genuinely hate Dawnstar because of him. All he does in whine and cry about the Empire and even his own people hate him. He is worse than Siddgeir in being a spoiled brat and i despise the way he treats his steward and his servant. FUCK HIM.

JARL BRINA MERILIS
• Rate: 5/10. I don't visit Dawnstar much, other than to mine or to visit the DB sanctuary. However, I like how she cares about Skyrim and Dawnstar without even being from there. I wish she were in a relationship with the dude in the imperial armor that's constantly on her hip. They'd be cute.

-

THE REACH: JARL IGMUND
• Rate: 5/10. I haaate the reach. I haven't interacted much with Idmund either, but I remember in my first playthrough being so pissed I couldn't marry him. I love his voice, his missions to recover his dads shield, and I love his looks. I will say that I was confused on why they brought up his dead dad so much if they weren't gonna make it a bigger part of the dragonborn's and Igmund's relationship.

JARL THONGVAR SILVER-BLOOD
• Rate: 0/10. Also one of the worst jarls. I hate the silver-bloods anyways but he is the worst. From your first interraction to any time you ever speak to him he gives you nothing but attitude. He also supports private prisons aka Cidna Mine so mega hate him.

THE RIFT: JARL LAILA LAW-GIVER

• Rate: 6/10. I hate her design. Why is she wearing the emperor's clothes firstly?? I only like her because it is much easier to become her thane than it is with Maven. I also like how she too cares about her people. She's a bit..dense for believing everything Maven says though.

MAVEN BLACK-BRIAR:

• Rate: 9/10. almost tied with Idgrod for being my favorite Jarl. This sounds so horrible but I love how corrupt Riften becomes when she is Jarl. I also like having her Jarl before i even join the guild. Her family history is... suspicious to say the least though. Also sending DB assassins after me isn't cool. I love all the lore and secrets she has. She by farr has the most character and the most personality.

-

WHITERUN: JARL BALGRUUF

Rate: 9.5/10. Baalgruf is such an awesome character, and is such a vital role in the dragonborn's journey. He is also pretty good looking, which is always a plus. He actually seems to care about those in his hold as well. The only thing I don't like about him is the line he says when you exit the conversation. "Now, if you don't mind, I've got a city to keep." it's so FUCKING annoying which is why I took half a point of. Other than that, he's great.

JARL VIGNAR GRAY-MANE

• Rate: 7/10. I love Vignar. I love the Gray-Manes. I prefer to have Balgruuf as Jarl, but I don't mind him when I do Stormcloak playthroughs. Vignar is my favorite companion (other than Farkas ofc) as well.
-

WINTERHOLD: JARL KORIR

• Rate: 1/10. Also a racist dick. Blames the college for the collapse of the town and it's economy. It'd be so much smarter to embrace the college, and attract tourism?? Its the only reason people go to the shit town anyways. The only person I dislike more than Korir is his wife- absolute bitch. his sons a dick too.

JARL KRALDAR:

• Rate: 4/10. Kinda boring. Cool that he accepts the college, and tries to embrace it like I said Korir should. Other than that there is absolutely nothing special about him, other than he didn't wear fancy clothes.