FARKAS - YOU THIEF

* no smut, but does mention thieves guild members, so possible spoiler?

YOUR POV

I strolled around the marketplace in Whiterun, checking out the different things the three different stalls had for sale. There was nothing that seemed too much of value, other than Fralia Gray-Mane's booth- and I had already spent nearly a grand in gold there.

I realized it was getting dark, and softly grinned to myself. Darkness meant people would be asleep. Darkness meant everything was free. At least, free to me.

I sat alone in the Bannered Mare, and ate a small dinner before checking the time. It was nearing 2am, which meant only lunatics were awake now.

I slipped out from the doors of the inn and once more checked out Gray-Mane's booth, wondering if she wouldn't mind an amulet or two missing. I decided against it, and made my way up to  the building called Jorrvaskr. I checked to see if I still had the stolen amulet Vex gave me, and the notes that had my instructions. She would kill me if I didn't finish this job. I'd been putting it off for too long. I started on unlocking the front doors, forgetting about anyone seeing me.

The locks themselves weren't hard. I just felt distracted, and felt like someone was watching me. I looked around and saw no one. After breaking countless lock-picks, I decided I'd sneak into the building in the morning, when the doors were unlocked.

Turning away from the doors and down the stairs, I rummaged through the small bag of lock-picks I had, counting to see how many I had. '297, 298, 299..'

A hand pushing me backwards shook me from counting. I looked up to see if it was a guard, and mentally prepared myself to lose that paycheck. 

The man standing in front of me was not a guard. He towered above me, and wore heavy steel armor. He had warpaint around his eyes, and heavy stubble. His eyes glew in the moonlight, and were a pale blue-silver color. He did not look amused.

"Can I help you?" I arched my brow at him in confusion, stepping aside to move past him. Instead, he stood in my way.

"I saw you try and break in."

My eyes widened for a moment as I quickly looked around to see if any guards were chasing me yet. None. It was oddly still in the city, compared to the usual buzz it had during daytime. The mans voice was deep, and had a dominant tone to it. He showed no emotion, and continued to stand before me.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I gushed, stepping to the left this time as I laughed. "I thought the building was the Bannered Mare! I'm new here."

I was thankful Brynjolf had taught me how to flirt, or seduce my way out of a sticky situation. This however didn't seem to work on the man in front of me. His brow arched as he bent down to my level.

"I watched you try and break in. Just return whatever it is you took and I won't go to the guards or to Kodlak. Doors are locked for a reason." He placed a hand out in front of me as he stared into my eyes.

"Not sure who this Kodlak is.. Besides, I didn't take anything!" I argued.

I realized this could be the perfect opportunity for me to escape. Rolling my eyes at him, I reached into my satchel to 'search for what I had taken'. The man laughed and thanked me for doing the right thing. I grinned back up at him, placing a singular gold piece in his hand before running off.

He took off after me, his heavy armor clanking against the stone pavement. I was quicker, and hurried to slam the two large doors that led outside in his face. I continued to run, looking back every once in a while. He was still chasing me, but was very far behind. I laughed as I sped through the tundras and thought I was actually going to get away with this.

I wasn't able to laugh for long before being shoved to the ground. The air was knocked from my lungs as a large great-sword was stabbed into the ground next to my head. I was rolled onto my back, and an armored foot was placed onto my chest.

"Was it really that hard to just return whatever it is you took?" He asked as he shook his head.

I squirmed beneath him, and noticed how heavy this man must have been. Pure muscle, probably. I would've loved to see, but I had to make it home.

"Hey, I want to apologize ahead of time for what I'm about to do." I smiled softly up at the silver eyed man. His face twisted into confusion.

"What-"

There was a loud crack in the air as I shouted. The words felt sweet as they flew off of my tongue. It took most of my energy, as I hadn't used my unrelenting force shout in forever, but forgot how much fun it was. The man was pushed off of me, and it took a moment for him to get back up. When he did, his eyes were full of anger. I expected that.

I hurried to conjure up my sword, and readied myself to fight. The man was bulky, and definitely fought like a nord. He was slow compared to me, both with his armor and his weapon. I blocked most of his hits, except for ones that just tore my guild armor. Nothing I, or Tonilia couldn't fix.

I grew bored of fighting, so I tripped the large man. I stuck out my leg as he charged towards me once more. He fell to the ground, and gave me enough time to grab him by his long dark hair and put my conjured sword in front of his throat. I leaned down and whispered in his ear.

"Do you have any idea who I am?"

He shuddered in my arms before shaking his head. That tough guy act had melted away.

"You're really trying to fight with not only the guild master of the thieves guild, but the leader of the dark brotherhood? If I don't kill you myself, they'll be others who will." I growled and took a step back.

The man turned to face me, and for once his face had softened. He looked much better, and looked almost innocent. I wondered for a moment if that was how he normally looked. 

"Why were you breaking in? What do you want with us, the companions? Not here to kill anyone are you? That's almost asking for your own execution."

"Don't worry, its guild business. I'm not stupid enough to cross any of you." I reached into my satchel once more and pulled out the stolen golden amulet and swung it in his face. "It's Tilma The Haggard I want."

"Tilma? She's so sweet, why steal from her?"

"I'm not. I'm just doing my job." I shrugged before sitting next to the man on the ground. The  lights of the night sky above us were much brighter here than in the city. He had looked up as well.

"I wasn't exactly lying when I said I didn't take anything. Poor Tilma pissed the wrong people off, and now Jarl Maven Black-Briar needs her taken care of."

"You're planting fake evidence?"

I nodded when an evil idea popped into my head. I looked the man up and down and concluded he could be dumb enough to be manipulated into helping me.

"You're a companion right?" I asked. He nodded. 

"You have access to Jorrvaskrr, right?" He nodded more slowly this time, probably realizing where this was going. I placed my hands onto his thighs and leaned in until our noses touched.

"You can place the evidence. Nobody will think twice of it, and it saves me from ever stepping foot in there!"

His silver eyes widened as he stood up. He looked at me, probably to see if I was kidding. When he saw I wasn't, he looked a bit panicked.

"Would 500- no! 700 gold be enough to convince you?" I swung a coin purse in front of his face. His eyes followed the bag as he reached out to grab it. I snatched it back.

"Ah, ah ah! You'd get your pay tomorrow," I slipped the stolen amulet and a note into his large and rough hands. Mine looked similar to a child's in comparison. "Do we have a deal?"

He paused a moment before nodding. His face glew a light shade of pink as he did.

"Deal."

I grinned, packing up my stuff before standing back up. I turned to face my new partner in this crime. "What's your name again? For record purposes of course."

He blushed once more and looked to the ground.

"Farkas."