Chapter 145: A faint blue glimmer

Magsimula sa umpisa

That voice was familiar, it belonged to the brown ninja, Dareth!

Jay and Kai had turned to each other, they definitely knew it was Dareth.

They'd be in good hands. Even if that man wasn't an elemental master, he has gotten them out of even the toughest situations before.

They can trust him again for this one.

Opening the door with one hand, Lloyd tilted his head in confusion when he saw the brown ninja standing there, distressed.

The expression on the man's face deeply concerned the others.

"Dareth?" The team questioned, surprised by his sudden appearance. Here of all places too.

Before they can even ask him another question, the man ran away from the now opened doorframe and the others caught a glimpse of him rushing down the stairs, holding onto the railings tight,

"This way!" The brown ninja wasted no time, he seemed to have a plan.

The team had followed him out of the small room, all facing down the stairs and making sound in the third floor hallway.

There was still some things left unclear, like where they were going for example. Here they thought, staying in this apartment would be the safest option.

But after what had happened to Harumi, none of the resistance believes in that anymore.

"Dareth, where are you taking us?" The blue ninja called from far behind, as he dashed through the stairs of the apartment.

Before the brown ninja could even reply, he was pushed back by a terrifying enemy — but it was no stranger to the resistance.

Dareth was thrown to the wall and he crawled away from view, allowing the ninja to take this one down.

Taking their weapons out, "Stone guards! They're in the way." Kai was the one to make the remark. He held his katana tightly and narrowed his eyebrows.

They had just invaded inside of the apartment, crashing through the windows and some even running up the staircase. They couldn't get out of here if they were in the way.

"What do we do?" Nya, taking her mini scythes out as well to join her brother — was instantly stopped when he placed a hand up. It was a sign that he had an idea for this.

Stepping over to the stone guards, the fire ninja dares to put up a charming smile towards the enemies. "Don't worry, sis. I've got this, see?" He was hoping to impress his team with this plan of his.

Carefully bringing his hands and spreading one of his legs to the front, he quickly turned on one foot.

"Ninjaaaaaaa-goooooo!"

He activated his bursting spinjitzu and spun around the building, knocking each guard down like bowling pins.

It was spectacular, how the stone guards never stood a chance in the first place against the blazing fire ninja.

They were sent in all directions, crashing through the walls and thus causing large holes in them or were they were sent directly out of the windows, no in-betweens.

That secured their escape route though, right?

Well, that was wrong.

The minute that Kai recovered, he gestured his team to follow him. In which they did, they went down the stairs however, they had heard a familiar voice from the very bottom of the staircase to the third floor.

"I don't think so.." the enemy had grey hair and a mischievous smile. He was walking back up the stairs, as calmly as possible.

He sure was taking his time but sure posed a threat to a band of warriors.