Chapter 29. The Scarred Girl.

Start from the beginning

Ban's eyes narrowed a bit on the path in front of him in thought before he spoke, "Tell her hi from me. Alright?" Was his only response before he walked on with Yakul and Jericho. Leaving King and Gerheade to watch them leave in silence.

~No one's P.O.V~

"So, this is where the Humans nest." Galand of Truth cupped his sharp chin, his green eyes scanning the different buildings around him, "Seems there has been quite a few changes in over the last 3,000 years."

He lowered his hand to his side, green eyes narrowing at the people coming out of their houses to see the Demon, "But as usual, they're all clumped together. I suppose, some habits never change." Y/n gulped, her hands clenching into fists by her sides, "It's too cramped." He grumbled before swinging his large double-sided spear around him.

Y/n's covered her eyes with her arm as the dust started to rise. She growled under her breath, soon seeing the city to be in ruins around the two. Galand let out a sigh - one that almost sounded to be out of relief - before he spoke, "That should make things a little roomier!" He turned back around to face the girl, "Now, where was I?"

"Y/N!" Y/n snapped her head back to look behind her, seeing Meliodas coming sprinting towards her, his blade ready to aid the girl. Her (e/c) eyes followed his figure as he sped past her and towards Galand only to be yanked back by the back of his collar.

Meliodas glanced back at Y/n, who had her eyes focused back on Galand with a glare while having a tight grip on the blond's collar for him not to slip away, "I thought I said to head back to the tavern." She spoke in a low tone before pulling her hand back, pulling Meliodas along before letting go when he stood behind her.

"You're not my captain. I don't take orders from you." He replied, his knuckles white from how hard he was clenching his Lostvayne, "The others are coming too!"

"Meliodas! How nice of you to come as well!" Galand called out to the blond, spreading his arms open wide, "However, I've been meaning to get a nice, long sparring match with Y/n, here! So move along!"

"Y/n! Meliodas!" Merlin called out. Y/n heard several steps from behind, quickly approaching them. Diane, Hawk, Elizabeth, Arthur, Slader, Merlin, a few Holy Knights of Camelot, they were all approaching the scene.

"I'll give you a match, Galand!" Y/n spoke loudly, taking a few steps forward to close the space between them, "But I need to do one thing before that," She turned her head glancing back at Merlin, "Would you mind Merlin? Perfect Cube?"

"I'm not known for having patience!" Galand screeched from the other side of her, making the girl focus back on him, "Merlin!" Y/n shouted at the Mage, wanting her to do as told.

Without anymore time to waste, she sprinted towards Galand, she leaped into the air above him, sending a punch at his throat. He dramatically fell back before regaining his balance and thrusted his spear back to hit Y/n, who avoided it just barely, using her ability, Watchful Eye.

She leapt high into the air, making Galand chuckle. He span around with his two-headed spear held out widely in front of him, creating a tornado around him in hopes of pulling the girl back down to the ground. Only not to see her when he stopped, "It didn't work? No, this feels like I'm being set up for a trap."

One of his green eyes glowed a little brighter once he felt a shift behind him, "From behind...?" He stood still, feeling the wind changing weirdly before he heard the light sound of the ground shifting under boots, "But it's only a decoy. From the side, huh?"