ꜱʜᴏᴄᴋ ᴏʀ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ

Start from the beginning

He stayed there until evening and spent some time with his in-laws. Nithya had missed being with her sister and brother on law and taking part in their engagement. That's why Sindhu made up a quick plan to ask Shravan to come over there and be with them when Nithya returned home.

Nithya entered Sindhu's bed room after dinner. She was doing something on her laptop. Seeing Nithya walking towards her, Sindhu quickly winded up her work and made herself free.

"Are you still working Sindhu?" Nithya asked her sister.

"Almost done, just few more transactions has to be filed. But I'll do it in the morning Di." Sindhu replied and sat beside Nithya.
As Nithya was sharing her room till she stayed there, they had lots and lots of things to discuss regarding the wedding.

"Don't overstrain Sindhu! Take rest else you will feel week when the wedding date nears. " Nithya advised her..

"Okay doctor madam!" Sindhu replied folding her arms like a school kid.

Nithya threw a pillow on Sindhu and started attacking her. They both had a pillow fight and started laughing on seeing their own childishness.

"I still can't believe that you are getting married." Nithya said after their laughter got calmed.

"Haha why?"

"I don't know! But still feels like a dream." Nithya shrugged her shoulders.

"Even for me Di. Everything is happening so fast, but these things are making me feel special. Everyone here, is treating me like a Queen!" Sindhu explained her feelings to Nithya.

"Awww! That's good."

"Don't worry, in just two years you will also be feeling the same and I will be teasing you more."

"In your dreams Sindhu!" Nithya winked at her.

"So tell me, is there anyone?" Sindhu asked Nithya curiously.

"Who?" Nithya asked her confused.

"Hey mandu! Are you in love with anyone?"

"Whatt? No!!" Nithya shouted in shock.

"Then there is definitely someone. Tell me Di. Is he Indian or American?" Sindhu started her questionnaire.

"I'm telling you the truth Di. There is no one in my life like that."

"Then why did you get shocked when I asked you like that?"

"Because I was shocked to hear that question from you. And I am not in the mood of getting into a relationship anytime soon" Nithya shrugged her shoulders.

"Aahan! Let me see till when you are holding this single attitude." Sindhu challenged her.

"Haan! I'm feeling sleepy. Good night" Nithya told Sindhu and lied down on the bed. She was feeling tired due to travel.

The next two days went fast by scheduling the wedding preparations. There was still a month left for the wedding, but Sindhu wanted to get everything perfect and avoided last minute confusions.

Along with Nithya and her parents, Sindhu also joined them to drop at their house. Once their tickets were finalized, Sindhu's mom had already arranged maids to clean their flat, where they were living before they left to US. This helped them a lot to get shifted immediately after coming to India.

It took a whole day to set up the house, yet there were few things which were unpacked. As it was getting late for Sindhu, she started to leave.

"Come here often Sindhu." Nithya requested her.

"She is getting married Nithya, you should be the one who should be with her." Tharani told Nithya.

"Haha yeah! You should come there and accompany me wherever I go." Sindhu told Nithya.

Nithya just rolled her eyes..

"Hey Nithya! I forgot to tell you something."

"What Sindhu?"

"Amma's friend is also living here in D block.  I'm going to meet her now. Why don't you come with me?" Sindhu asked Nithya.

"But.. I don't know them..." Nithya stammered

"Just go and come Nithya. We don't know anyone here in this apartment. If we need something, we can ask her right? And Akka told me that her friend had only arranged someone to clean our house. You should go and thank her at least." Tharani told her.

"Oh okay maa.." Nithya agreed disinterested and followed Sindhu to the house.

It was big gated community with four storeyed buildings around. Nithya's flat was in B block while the flat mentioned by Sindhu was in the D block.

They both reached the flat and Sindhu rang the doorbell.

A lady in her mid fiftees, came and opened the door.

"Hey Sindhu! What a surprise!" She smiled on seeing Sindhu standing at the door.

"Hi aunty! How are you?" Sindhu asked her with a smile on her face.

"I'm fine. You come in first. " She told and smiled at Nithya and gestured her also to come inside.

As they all got settled on the sofa, Sindhu took out a box from her bag and forwarded it.

"Amma asked me to give this to you aunty."

"What's this?"

"Amma had made some sweets as chithi has come to India. She gave some for you too." Sindhu told her smiling.

"Oh okay da. She is Tharani's daughter right?"

Nithya was surprised to hear the stranger telling her mom's name correctly. Sindhu nodded her head positively and turned towards Nithya.

"Nithya, she is Sharadha aunty. Amma's best friend. They both had worked together in the same school." Sindhu informed her.

"Hi aunty. Amma told me that you had helped perima in getting our house ready. Thank you so much." Nithya smiled at her.

"It's okay da." Sharadha smiled.

"If you want to thank, then you should thank her son only." Sindhu said and looked around the house but she didn't find anyone. " Where is he aunty?" Sindhu asked Sharadha.

"Don't you know Sindhu? He has gone to collect your invitations only. He will be back now." Sharadha informed her.

They heard a door bell and Sindhu volunteered to open the door.

"Hey Raghav!" Sindhu grinned on seeing him.

Nithya was shocked to hear the name. When she heard Sindhu saying the aunt's name as 'Shraddha' , she felt it familer. Now Sindhu calling her son's name as 'Raghav' she was able to connect the dots.

"Hey Sindhu! What are you doing here?" Raghav asked her.

"Shouldn't I come to your house?"  Sindhu asked him.

"You can you can! Here this is the invitation you wanted right?" Raghav forwarded the card to Sindhu.

"Yes da!!" Sindhu excitedly took it and entered inside the house, Raghav followed her.

"What took you so long pa?" Sharadha asked Raghav.

"Uncle had wanted to purchase few other things ma. That's why." Raghav replied and his eyes fell on Nithya, who was starring at him with wide eyes. He did not know who was that. He turned towards Sindhu.

"Haan Raghav, I forgot to introduce her to you. She is my cousin Nithya, who was studying medicine in US." Sindhu told him.

Now Raghav understood why she was starring at him, as he was also in the similar condition.

To be continued.

How was the update guys?

Did you expect this twist?