Thirty

It's been a week

It's been a week.

It's been exactly a week that I and Khristina have even bothered talking to each other. Every time that I had gone up to her to speak to her she'd duck behind something and then walk away.

I didn't know what I had done wrong, but it's probably something so fucking bad if she's avoiding me like this.

"I don't fucking understand, Zara," I sighed out, leaning back on my couch as I rubbed my face, a groan leaving my lips after. "We were perfect, and she was happy. I was happy."

I felt her hands rub my shoulder as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Maybe she feels a bit trapped and she needs some space from you." I scoffed, shifting in my seat and turning to her.

"Why couldn't she fucking tell me that?" I shouted but Zara shrugged and then moved closer towards me, her hands suddenly on my leg.

"I don't know. Sounds like a problem on her part." I shook my head, placing them in my palm as I scratched my face and my eyes closed.

I had missed hearing her laughter, her complaints, hell I had even missed her fucking smile. I missed everything about her and I don't think she has a fucking idea of what she's doing to me.

"I need her, Zara. I feel like I can't breathe when I don't see her standing next to me. I always go to her door but I can never bring myself to knock on it. What if she seriously hates me and what leaves her mouth might be the end of us finally?"

I felt Zara's hands cup my cheeks and slowly lifted them, her face inches from mine. She smiled softly, shaking her head. "Then let it."

I was about to argue when she put a finger on my lips, shushing me.

"She's toxic for you Dante," Her lips grew closer to mine, her eyes never moving up to my eyes, "She isn't the type of woman you deserve. You need one who is respectful, rich, and beautiful. Not someone like her."

I shook my head, getting ready to pull myself away from her when the door suddenly opened and Zara's lips were suddenly on mine.

This all felt wrong. Zara's lips weren't as soft as Khristina's. It wasn't as tasty and plump as hers, it was just wrong.

"Dante?" I pulled back as quick as I could, pushing Zara off my body as soon as I heard her voice call out to me.

My attention flicked to Khristina's figure at the door. She was wearing a rose gold dress that hugged her curves and ended just slightly above her knee. She had curled her hair a little as it curved down to her waist, and he make-up was fully done, red matte lipstick coating her lips.

But her eyes were full of sadness, her lips were downturned and unshed tears were at the brink to fall.

"Khristina -'' She shook her head, slamming the door leaving me both and Zara sitting in silence. But I quickly pushed her off of me, pulling open the door as I rushed towards the staircase to see Khristina angrily stomping towards the door, her heels clicking against the floor.

"Khristina!" I shouted as she turned around, completely sweeping me off of my feet but her beauty but she shook her head, a scowl forming on her lips.

"Fuck you!" She shouted back and then aggressively opened the door, a bunch of balloons flying in and Carla standing at the doorstep, a wide smile on her face.

"Happy Birthday!" My mouth slightly hung in shock but once Carla noticed the heavy tension she pushed the door slightly and looked up to me where I was standing at the top of the steeps and Khristina who had her arms crossed.

Carla formed an 'O' shape with her mouth and then shook her head at me, a scowl also forming on her lips. She took Khristina by the hand, and before I knew it the door closed with a heavy slam, causing me to wince a bit.

"Don't act as if you feel guilty, Dante," Zara said from across the hall and I could basically feel the blood coursing through my veins. I quickly grabbed my gun from my back pocket and turned, aiming it directly at my head.

"You fucking bastard," I spat out at her, watching as she quickly knelt to the floor covering her head, "Do you know that you have just ruined my life?" I shouted, standing over her quivering figure.

"Who the fuck gave you the permission to fucking kiss me?!" I shouted, positioning the gun in the middle of her head.

"She's gotten you weak. Someone like you can't possibly love someone like her."

I pushed my gun deeper into her head, enjoying her cries of pain as she clawed my fingers trying to pry them off. "I can love whoever the fuck I want. You, of all people, should know that."

She nodded her head, her sobs echoing the emptied halls.

"Please," Zara begged, her hands desperately clawing at my trousers, her body shaking in fear, "Let me go Dante. Imagine if Khristina was watching you right now."

I bit my lip, shaking my head and took the gun off of her head before kicking her with my legs, watching as she struggled to get back up on her feet.

"I don't want to see you in my fucking house ever again."

(a/n: sorry for the wait, but now you have it:))