Nineteen

I pushed the warehouse door open, the smells of cocaine and weed hitting my nose

I wasn't a fan of all that shit, but what pissed me more was the fact I had told people not to smoke in here.

But that wasn't the only reason for my moody behaviour.

My father had called me to come to check out the damage our warehouse has taken from the loss of money and apparently, according to his 'statistics', Oleza's men are expected to hit tonight. So, I'm here for the rest of the day, waiting till they arrive.

I walked past some money washers that were stirring the money inside some chemicals and patted one guy on the back.

There were black stairs in front of me, which lead to my father's warehouse office.

Finally reaching the top of the stairs, I pushed open the door, surprised that my father hadn't brought any of his bimbo's laid flat out on his desk.

He sat there, the light shining on his head as he went through some things on his computer and then looked up to me, nothing less than a scowl forming on his face.

"Give me one fucking reason why I shouldn't blow your head off right now." I rolled my eyes, sitting on the chair opposite the desk as my father glared at me down, waiting for an answer.

"I got held up by the girl."

I winced.

I didn't want to call Khristina just 'a girl'. She was definitely a lot more than just a girl and it killed me to say that about her, but it was necessary.

My father would never appreciate that I called her by my name and to him, it would seem like I'm interested in her.

His lips curved into a malicious smile and then he leaned back in his seat, rubbing his chin and pondered for a second before leaning his hands on the desk.

"Have you gotten anything out of her?"

I nodded, mentally reminding myself to find a way to apologise to Khristina for doing all of this behind her back.

"She's an orphan. She doesn't have a college degree, at least not yet but I know she wants to open up her own modelling company." My father rubbed his chin while the guilt inside of me slowly bubbled up.

I can't believe I was ratting out Khristina like this but it is probably for a good cause. Hell, I hope it's for a good cause.

"Enroll her on an online course, then she'll be happy and whatever. That way she'll see you as her benefactor and she might open up to you more because I don't believe she's an orphan. I know she isn't."

I nodded, rolling my tongue in my mouth and staring out into the window which showed that daylight was slowly disappearing. It's like my father knows something, something that I don't know. I don't get why he is so persistent in getting to know her parents but whatever the reason is, it's probably not good.