Chapter 16

'Yare yare' - Peoples thoughts

'Yare yare' - Saikis thoughts

"Yare yare" - People speaking

"Yare yare" - Saiki speaking

"Yare yare" - People speaking in English

~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N POV

It had been a few days since you went to London and ever since Kusuo had been distant with you. You understood that it must've been weird for him considering what happened, but you didn't really expect him to be avoiding you for so long. It also irritated you he was acting this way towards you; it's not like you initiated the kiss, after all.

Your alarm rung loudly, waking you up abruptly and announcing the beginning of the school day. You groggily roll out of bed and turn off your annoying alarm, most certainly not ready to begin the day. Still quite angry about the recent events, you reluctantly get ready for school and make your way downstairs to have breakfast.

~~~~

Dad - "Y/N, are you alright? You're not supposed to be so miserable after I let you go on a vacation."

You roll your eyes subtly at his remark and continue eating your cereal. Your dad waits for you to respond to his question, and sighs as you decide to stay silent.

Dad - "Y/N?"

Y/N - "I'm fine, Dad, seriously. What makes you think I'm not?"

Dad - "You're less annoying than usual."

Y/N - "Ha-Ha."

Sometimes it became really obvious as to where you got your sarcastic, snarky personality from; you and your father really were similar.

Dad - "But seriously, are you alright? Your boyfriend doesn't come round as much anymore."

Y/N - "Maybe he doesn't come round because he doesn't exist. I don't have a boyfriend!"

Dad - "Fine. Kusuo doesn't come around as much. Why's that? Is that why you've been so pissy lately?"

Y/N - "We don't have to hang out everyday, Dad. Kusuo gets busy sometimes too."

Dad - "Sure, sure. If you are having problems, I'm sure you'll end up making up and start dating."

Y/N - "I'm leaving now, Dad."

You get up from your seat and make your way to the door, choosing not to finish your cereal in order to escape this conversation.

Dad - "Good luck with your boyfriend, Y/N!"

Right before leaving, you turn around just to flip your dad off.

~~~~

You sit at your desk by yourself, doodling and scribbling in your sketchbook. Usually at this time you'd be talking with Kusuo, but now every time you try to approach him he'd somehow manage to make a swift exit. You couldn't help but turn your head to look at him; just a few days ago he announced himself as your best friend but now he's acting as if he doesn't even know you.

Y/N - '...Douchebag.'

Kusuo instantly raises his head to look at you as soon as that thought crossed your mind. Panicking, you look back down and continue to draw in your sketchbook.

Y/N - 'What's with him? Honestly.'

Irritated and frustrated thoughts were circling your mind, but luckily they were interrupted by Kaidou sitting down next to you.