𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏: 𝐅𝐢𝐱 𝐌𝐞

Start from the beginning

He grinned. "He talks a lot more than he knows. Being alone made him forget how much he needs others' ears. One second he looked ready to rip my head off, the next he started chatting about his pity life."

"What do you mean?"

He shook his head, "Nothing. Let's just figure out what to do with you, okay? That mark still looks nasty which means King Alpha is still debating."

"Debating?" I asked in more confusion as my hand went up to my bandaged neck.

Drew's eyebrows shot up, "He hasn't told you?"

"No...what was he supposed to tell me?"

"I think you have no more than eight days. Max."

My frown deepened, "What?"

He opened his mouth to say something, then closed it, pursing his lips.

༺═──────═༻

I paced back and forth in King Alpha's room. Sometimes pulling at my hair or punching the wall. All I wanted to do was to scream out loud. First, he kidnaps me, then my brother gets kidnapped, and now he marks me to seal my death!

And worst of all, he didn't even tell me! Like yeah, sure, let's mark Ezlynn, she doesn't care about her life, she'll be merrily happy when she suddenly ends up dead in the middle of nowhere.

I refuse to end up dead in the hands of King Alpha. I won't let him be the cause of my death.

The clock displayed as 7 in the night meaning he would be back in his room anytime now.

I prepared a whole fussy speech in my mind that will blow him away - with my rage - once he enters this room.

This explains why he didn't care as to where I went and when I came. Because I was going to die in a few days. So he let me roam around his mansion like a happy puppy until my death came like a sudden boulder.

The door burst open.

My body jumped in its place. My eyes met his face and they widened. No matter how mad and angry I was, I was definitely not prepared for the scene in front of me.

King Alpha's fangs bared at me as his lips pulled back. Dry blood caked the corners of his mouth to his chin with his white shirt shredded open from the front as if someone had clawed it out and - oh boy, those abs could be considered for rocks or even mountains. His appearance made the room shrink into itself two times as he sauntered in and shut the door behind him.

I've never seen someone look so dangerous yet so beautiful and hot at the same time.

He irritably flung his keys on the table before frowning at them. Sighing, he positioned his keys properly in their place before finally looking up at me.

"Why are you looking like you've seen Hercules?" He asked angrily.

My mouth had been parted open with my eyes glued to him.

I quickly blinked and looked away.

What had I been thinking before?

Oh right, I was about to blow him away with my rage.

I faced him and opened my mouth but clamped it down shut when his eyes dangerously narrowed at something in the distance. That was enough to stun me to silence. Oh boy. He looks seriously angry.

He busied himself with organizing his already organized desk, completely ignoring me.

He stacked up pens in his hard calloused hands. The pens seemed to be screaming under his tight grip. I didn't dare open my mouth, looking at his silent killer expressions.