4

It had been a year and a half ever since Penelope last seen her mother and brother and the little girl had grown to not care anymore, not when her own problems were getting bigger every passing day. 

There had been very significant changes a year ago and the most changed thing was that Penelope no longer lived at her apartment. 

Yes, the landlord kicked her out because apparently Sally had not been paying the rent ever since she and Perseus moved out.

Penelope, the now almost five years old toddler, was too busy doing anything she could to survive and stay alive to even think about anything. Even though she did not exactly fond of the idea of being transported there where the situation was either kill or to be killed, she was still grateful that she was still alive.

Fortunately for her, Penelope had already mastered the art of shutting her emotions out. In this past year, the little girl had accumulated lots of skills while living in the streets. Stealing and killing were two skills she had mastered the most, whether it was with her water power or just by her daggers, she had mastered it all. 

In addition to that, she had learnt that guns were not always able to help her in emergency situations, especially when she was short in bullets and the enemies were countless, so Penelope decided to not really depend on guns.

Oh! Just for additional information, Penelope only killed people who assaulted her. After she had killed them, she stole their belongings and sold them for extra money. Penelope was never greedy about money, but if her victims were loaded, she gratefully robbed them clean.

The little girl was currently walking down the alley to get to the warehouse she had been living in ever since she started living in the street. She had just finished buying food for the day. Munching on her hotdog, she decided to walk slowly because she was not in a rush to get back 'home'. There was nothing there anyway besides stacks of bricks on the corner of the room. Her warehouse was small in comparison as well as bare and plain, nothing stood out in particular and no basement or underground dungeon. Penelope would know as she had scouted every inch of the building but found nothing.

As she was walking passed the corner, Penelope heard muffled voices. The girl had watched too many horror and thriller movies in her past life that she knew she should really just walk away and pretend she had heard nothing. Especially now that she was in the middle of a book contained of monsters, her daggers would never be able to kill them and she would definitely be stupid if she were to fight it.

However, curiosity really was a dangerous emotion.

One moment Penelope was walking pass a corner, the next moment she was crouching behind the wall to see the occasion. The girl sighed in relief when she noticed that there were only two human beings, not some kind of monsters. 

Interested beyond measure, the little girl decided to watch the commotion, she really needed some drama in her life. For a whole year and a half, the only drama that she had was her being cornered by suspicious people and she ended up killing them. Right now, the drama was too good to pass on. 

It looked like some forbidden love story.

There was a guy being pinned by another guy. 

The one being pinned wore lousy and dirty clothes, almost looked like he was homeless but, the one who pinned, wore expensive suits. A forbidden love story between the butler - or someone even lower in rank - and the boss. 

The men were in a heated argument and Penelope was very much invested in their drama. Would they end up making out as a way to make up? Would they end up breaking up?