Meet And Greet

The sound of waves hitting the beach was beginning to wake Randi up from her deep sleep. She felt tired, sore. Her head felt like it was going to break into two, and her mouth felt like the desert that Morsi had described in her writing. She moved her fingers, and little by little she felt her limbs once more.

Randi's eyes dared to open, but they shut almost immediately, as the bright strong sunlight hit them at a strong angle. After a moment, she was able to cover her eyes with the back of her hand, as she sat up. Slowly, and with grunts. But that was to be expected when you survive a storm, and a boat crash.

There were pieces of a boat scattered all around, but certainly not nearly enough to built one. Most of the boat was somewhere beneath the water, hidden, and won't be seen for millions of years to come. 

"Randi...", someone choked out not from far away. The orange haired Viking looked around, spotting her best friend, with her curly short black hair, full of sand. Missandei looked awful, but Randi doubted that she looked much better.

"Missandei!", coughed out Randi as she dragged herself through the sand to aid her best friend. Her leg was under a large piece of wood, but Randi, with little effort, dragged it away, freeing Missandei from the pain. 

"Gods, where are we?", breathed out Randi, sitting down next to her friend, out of breath. Her eyesight was finally allowing her to look around, and all she seemed to see was what used to be supplies. Then, they heard coughing. A lot of coughing, coming somewhere behind them. Like someone was choking on something.

Missandei, with the help of Randi, got up, and they both limped to where the sound was coming from, to find Bjorn crouched behind a boulder desperately trying to breathe. He was holding his stomach, facing the ground as liquid streamed from his mouth.

"Bjorn...", whispered Randi shocked to see her eldest brother in such a state. Then Bjorn fell over, his back hitting the boulder behind him, and the two women could clearly see what was wrong with him. Not only had he survived the storm, and arriving in this foreign place, he also had a dagger embedded in his stomach. No doubt from the stashes that Missandei and Randi had made around the boat with weapons, but during the waves and the storm, one of them must have stabbed Bjorn.

"We need to lie him down, and stop the bleeding before the injury becomes too great", explained Missandei as she crouched beside Bjorn, not wasting any time. Medicine was her forte, as she had spend a considerable amount of time with Aslaug, and the doctors. On Naath she would often be taught by some of the healers, as their settlement was small, and undeveloped, not as much as Kattegat.

"What do you need?", asked Randi carefully, after snapping out of her shock. 

"Anything clean enough that we can cover the wound with", replied Missandei. As Randi went on her hunt to find something, Missandei worked on Bjorn. She took of his thin armour, and the shirt, so nothing would mix in where it was not supposed to. She then examined the injury, the dagger was stabbed into his ribcage, meaning that it could very well have penetrated his lung.

"Bjorn, stay with us here", whispered Missandei, almost pleadingly. THey could not lose Bjorn. Randi would never forgive herself. Besides, they don't see any of the other four brothers, Bjorn was their only protection in this wretched place.

Bjorn coughed but nodded, meaning that his mind was still working. Randi returned with one of the blankets which was soaked, but some of it's material was not as dirty as the rest. It was the best she could find.

"Here", she whispered, giving it to Missandei, while she herself sat down by Bjorn. 

"See, told you, you'd need protection", croaked out Bjorn, and then he coughed. Missandei without warning, took out the dagger, and Bjorn groaned in pain, but he did not yell. "Just didn't think it was going to be from a swimming dagger".