sixteen

"do you wanna eat this in your room, babe, i really don't mind 'cuz i'm going to watch my show down here?" my mother asked me as she handed me two thin, slightly greasy, cardboard pizza boxes,

"yeah, sure. thanks mom" i replied giddily,
"she never lets me eat in my room" i whispered to otto as we walked down the hall to my room.

he didn't reply he just kind of looked down at me and a small smirk appeared.

i plopped myself down on the blanket ridden bed and opened my box to make sure it was mine; the smell of the pepperoni mixed with cheese and sweet corn traced my nostrils,

"oh my gawd" i gaped as a i picked up a slice, "get in ma belly" i muttered before biting into the saucy glory.

after consuming the little peice of heaven, i went to grab another slice when i met eyes with otto.

his nose was scrunched up as he sat on the other side of the bed as me, slice in hand.

"is it really that good, b?" he asked, unconvinced,

"dude, just fuckin' try it" i replied before biting into one of the pepperonis i had picked off the top,

"holy shit" i look up to see him staring at the slice, "this is so fucking good" he chuckles, looking back at me

"i know know, right?" i say laughing back before standing up and walking to my desk to pic up my laptop and putting it on my bed,

"what do you wanna watch" i say, sitting down once again at the top of the bed and opening netflix,

"somethin' funny? i don't really care to be honest, b"

the way he uses that nickname; all the time... butterflies.

"okie dokie. american or british?" i ask as he moves up closer to me so he can see the screen,

"either's fine by me b"

"alrighty, james acaster it is then"

///

it was around eleven when we had stopped watching numerous netflix shows; i say watching, but it was really just and hour of skimming through for an hour until we decided to watch an episode of parks and rec. wich, might i add, we didn't even watch because we where too busy blabbering about the party on friday.

"okay, let's get this bed sorted" i said as i stood up and began to pull the single sized mattress from under my bed; it's the one from our old spare, but we have a double in our spare room here so my mom said it was good if i kept that under the bed invade a freind sleeps over.

i put the fitted sheet on the bed while otto lay on my bed whining to me about how he couldn't land his switch bigspin heelflip and i could as i grabbed two extra pillows and my thickest blanket and put them on the mattress.

"do you want me to take the blankets off the bed for you or are you on with them all on there?" i said to him as i grabbed my pyjamas, consisting of an old shirt my mother used to paint in and a pair of sweats, from my drawers.

"no, it's ok i'll sleep on the mattress" otto said politely as he rose to get his night wear from his bag.

"dude, no. you're the guest, you get the bed" i rhetorted, matter of factly.

"dude, yes. you live here, you get the bed" he returned with a 'are you stupid or sumn girl' undertone.

"otto just take the bed" i said as i made eye contact with him.

why was this making me kinda angry?

"there is no way i'm lettin a lady sleep on the floor when there's a perfectly good bed right there" he said smirking

*insert stomach flips here*

"i hate you" i muttered, hitting him playfully on the arm while walking passed him to the bathroom to get changed.

he scoffed,

"yeah. you wish" he said loudly, half shouting

why he gotta do that?

///

i walked out of my on-suite after brushing my teeth. i had taken my makeup-off and washed my face, and had put my short hair into a clip at the back of my head.

"you can use the bathroom now" i spoke as i walked passed otto to my bedside table to check my notifications

out of the corner of my eye i see ottos eyes land on me,

"damn b, you boutta make me act up" he joked

not giving in to his game, i never broke my attention from my phone and simply flipped him off, causing him to do one of those deep chuckles boys do when they genuinely find something funny.

i had heard the running water from the shower cease and had made myself more comfortable in bed under the blankets and plushies when otto came into my room with wet hair and only a pair of basketball shorts.

i had only realised i had been staring when i was rudely interrupted by otto speaking up.

"you ok b" half chuckling

that stupid boy smirk; i hate how much power he wields wearing it.

still staring i say,

"who wears basketball shorts to bed?" before returning my eyes to meet his.

he let out a weird smile where he turned his head to look away,

he settled into the makeshift bed as i turned off the yellow lamp on my bedside table, and i got more comfortable in the sheets.

"goodnight b" he spoke softly.

"goodnight otto"

///

lokey no excuses for not updating, just cba :/

also, it occurred to me when talking to my american born freind that americans don't know that bea is short for beatrice??!!!

eat well, drink water, wear your seatbelt - beth<3