fifteen

otto

there are no words to say how much of a bitch move olivia had just made. the way she just pulled up on me, while i was so obviously wanting to just relax, really pissed me off. asking me a bunch of questions- not to mention the undeniable filthy look she gave bea thinking i was oblivious.

for lack of better words, the girl was a piece of work. even while we dated she controlled every aspect of my life; who i hung out with, who i could sit beside at school, who i followed on social media etc, etc.

i always think about why i ever cought feelings for olivia in the first place, it was obvious that we don't really mix in the way couples should. she was constantly overstepping boundaries i had set. i only really had two rules any time we dated, and they where straight forward, easy to follow ones; don't call me oliver and don't talk about my parents. on the other hand, the little dark haired she-devil had so many rules for me, id be sure that if i started listing them now by the time i was finished, they probably would have invented flying cars.

then i think back to why we first started going out; it was one bitter cold winter evening and my mom and da where fighting like usual. eventually, the brawl had gotten so bad, verbal turning physical, that i opted to throw on my thickest winter jacket and a fleece jumper that i used for when we had football practice in the cold season, and climbed out my window and just started endlessly walking.

i had not one idea where i was going but i just kept walking.

in due course, i found myself outside a newly refurbished diner at the end of the town. i stepped in, in hopes of getting something to warm me up from this almost frostbite inducing climate. that's where we first had a normal conversation, out of school. we had always had dry, one side effort conversation and one of us was always stood grasping for straws to make a real conversation start, looking for some texture in us that we could converse about, but, nevertheless; we had absolutely nothing. yet i still had to fight myself in order to not go back to the girl that had broke my heart so many fucking times only because she had seen me through my lowest. she had taken up so much of my energy. 'should i get back together with her?' 'should i break up with her?' 'is she a good person?' 'she's a good person, right?'

and for that she consumed every inch of my mind, in the worst fucking way possible.

bea

as i opened my door i was greeted with an ever-so familiar and inviting smell of new house. yes, it had been four weeks now since we had moved in and yes, we had still not un-packed completely but hey, who really gives a fuck if our side tables are cardboard boxes?

i threw my lanyard with my keys down on the kitchen counter and headed for the fridge and grabbed out a can of some off -brand sparkling lemon water that my mother uses to mix with her alcohol from the top shelf.

"hey, it's not any fancy brand but it tastes pretty fuckin' good" i gestured towards otto, who had now settled in to one of the wooden stools along side of the granite counter-top.

"yeah sure, thanks" he replied politely as we both pulled up the taps of the drink, suds only forming in the can, not just enough for it to over-flow, but enough for it to give you a bit of a scare that you'll get the fizziness over your hands.

///

after some time of catching up on some extra homework for classes that me and otto shared, since there was really nothing to do downstairs we would go up to my room and watch a show on my tv.

"dude your room is a mess" otto commented rudely as he plopped himself down on my made bed, plastered in various blankets and fluffy pillows i had accumulated over the numerous years, and made himself at home under a dark green one i had gotten in ireland visiting family when i was about six.

"you know what, fuck you man" i retorted, before picking up one of the vastly numbered pillows from the bottom of my double bed and chucked it aggressively towards the tall boy in my bed causing him to shield his head with his hand, chuckling,  as he skillfully dodged my pillow.

otto resurected from his state and before i could think he was plunging towards me then pushing me on to the blanket-ridden bed. as his lanky body sat now just above me, i was quickly trying to recover my breath from the melee. otto leaned into my ear,

"that's what you get for trying to mess with me, b" his voice was so quiet, it probably would be wrong to classify it as a whisper. i could slightly feel his lips graze the size of my face, his hot breath reaching the sensitive part below my ear making my breath hitch.

before i could even begin to collect my thoughts, my door was yanked open to show a 5"5, olive coloured skin woman in the threshold.

"hi mom" i blurted out, as otto collected himself and got off me, settling back down on the corner of the bed.

my mother gave me a sly 'i see what's going on here' kind of look, while wiggling her eyebrows. "hello beatrice."

i heard otto chuckle at her remark, then he got up and confidently walked over to the small-in compared woman and shook her hand,

"hi miss wilton, otto" you can almost hear the stupid smirk on his face even though he was turned the other direction.

before he could completely pull away she gripped her arm,

"oh please, i'm not that old," she said, screwing up her face, "just call me aubrey. please" she let out a sigh/laugh earning a nod from otto.

"ok, ill leave you two now, have you ate or do you want something, cuz i'm ordering pizza in ten?" my mom said as she began again for the door,

otto and i looked at each other, "order some pizza, ill have whatever." i shouted out to her before looking towards otto for his reciprocation of the order, "ill have the same" he shouted out, still looking at me smiling.

///

practice safe sex and wear your seatbelt - beth