ten

bea pov
recently, things have been great, i've been more confident than...well, ever.
my old high school was bland. every chick looked the same and the guys just weren't that attractive. when mom announced we where moving to a secluded little country town, outside the city, if i'm being honest it didn't phase me in the slightest.
i wasn't busy thinking, "oh no how am i going to keep in touch with all my freinds?!" the only thoughts where, "find a place to develop skills"

----------------------------------------------------------

ever since otto whispered in my ear that day, the simple delicacy of a compliment, he's not mentioned it, i kind of picked up that he meant it to soothe me of my anxiety due to him not mentioning it whatsoever the rest of the day.

we had chemistry together and of course sat side by side in mr bradley's lab. i've always been a science kind of person, it's the one thing me and my grandpa could talk about and not shout at each other for; in turn he taught me more authentic and essential information i sometimes wonder why i'm not a teacher- though it is hard to focus when you have 27 pairs of beady eyes belonging to angst filled teens in the room.

why did otto have to pick the front of the class.

----------------------------------------------------------

"you learned to kick flip when you where 9?!" otto stopped in his tracks, staring at the ground in disbelief.

"yeah is it that hard to believe?" i nudged his shoulder playfully

we where walking home together as the other guys where older and didn't have class in the afternoon. the fall smell of leaves and cinnamon erupted in your nose as you stepped out the door-therapeutic to say the least

"na just--how?!" he exclaimed, his smirk wide almost to show how jealous he was. his fluffy boy fair was neatly tucked under his black cap with red lettering. he always knew how to look good.

"ok if im being honest, i have no fucking idea" i managed to fluster, he left me a bit shaken up because, truthfully, ive never really thought about how i started to skate; it just kinda happened

"ok, i dont believe that for a minute," he started, "your dad or someone had to have made you fall in love with skating at a young age for you to be this good"

usually if anyone brought up my father as he was absent my whole life but with this lanky tall boy it was...different

"oh hell no, im not even sure i fuckin have one" i put the tough statements plainly, my mother always said that was one of my worst traits; it apparently "puts people in an awkward situation" with that said, i had mentally prepared myself for otto to be awkward or do the 'what the fuck' face where their eyes kinda pop out of their head and cant muster up anything to say.

instead he gave me a small smile and scrunched his nose slightly followed up by, "join the club"

i raised my left brow lightly in a matter of surprise as he wasnt awkward but actually related, but he took that as a sign that i was interested in his story (which of course i was but i would never give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"well," he started, taking another swig of the now half empty can of zero sugar redbull he had bought at the store on the walk home, "birth parents are somewhere in japan, i dont really know where "he paused to think while his pair of brown eyes looked into the sky as to focus, "foster care till i was..." he sucked his teeth in a thinking matter, "i think five, don't fact check me, adopted by my now parents on my sixth birthday"

he looked back down at me, me now grasping how truly tall this man was, looking for some sign of approval or life,

"wow, you are.... messed up" i said chuckling slightly, it was nice to know that someone was in the same boat as me, given, he was in foster care, i was in adoption only, i still felt like we connected

we both walked, boards in hand and school bags on back laughing and realizing how much we were alike. we passed the old beaten up church that is no longer in use by the parish and now homed various squatters who had been evident when walking to the store. passing this i knew we where close to so-called store and a pit grew in my stomach as i knew we would be parting ways soon

i dont know why it made me feel like that, it was obvious i was seeing him in less than twenty four hours, as evident of my school schedule.

"can i ask you something personal?" otto queried, while peering at me slyly to see how i would react (which was obviously to freak the fuck out)

i gulped, pull it together girl jesus christ

"yeah, i guess it wouldn't hurt" i responded, fixing my hair in a way as to cover u that i was blushing from the abrupt question, gaining a smirk from him as i wasn't doing it very while.

"why don't you have a partner?" he questioned, "you are straight right?" almost worry in his eyes as he asked the second question.

"yeah i am, well im pretty sure." i cleared my throat in order to try and get rid of the lump in it that had been evidence that of a personal question, "umm im not really sure why i dont have a boyfriend ..." i thought for a moment,"... well that's actually a lie," i confessed with a truthful laugh,"i never really had friends as a kid, and yknow no friends equals no partners"

"thats not true"otto responded, matter of factly, "any girl as attractive as you could pull any guy you wanted, and i can almost guarantee that you had friends but you just couldn't see it" his simple words put my life into order as i recalled all those times that jessica gallagher would try and ask me to go to the park with her after pre k, every single day without fail; i turned her down because i convinced she was trying to lure me in so her and her other popular friends cou-

WAIT HOLD THE FUCK UP

otto malone - one of the most attractive people i this entire universe just called attractive and 'c could pull any guy i wanted?!

taken aback by the sudden compliment i chalked it up to ' he says that to all of his friends' i struggled to think of an response to hide how utterly flustered i was

otto pov

i could tell that what i had said made the girl nervous, but nervous in a good way. i figured that since she wasn't used to having been complimented by guys, let alone people, she would have this response to everyone. i just wish she knew that not every guy is like our friend group, and for that i felt protective of the small, brown and black haired girl.

bea pov

"nope, i never really had friends. being alone isnt necessarily a bad thing, given it would be nicer to have a friend to be there when things no doubt get tough, theres a certain beauty to it" often when i go on rants like this its always to my deaf grandpa who knows nothing i am saying, but having talk with otto and him actually taking in the information i was laying out in the world was extremely comforting, "you know i could show up to school in anything i wanted- sweatpants and a hoodie or sometimes i would dress up and wear makeup, being invisible meant no one saw me and had an opinion on what i wore or did"

we continued walking for a few moments, silenced lingered as i awaited his response,

"... poetic" his brow furrowed. he walked with his hand in his pocket as it was now free from the empty can he had finished from my rant. lifting his eyes from the ground, looking at me with a slight shine in his pupils and a now half smirk that created butterflies in my stomach,

"my moms gonna fucking love you"

dont need to ruin the mood but just wanted to say that you should comment on where i have done spelling mistakes, my head had been sore and i haven't been able to look at computer moniter too long to care :))) love you lots