Chapter 24

Legolas stared at Lady Galadriel for a few seconds, not yet believing what he has heard. The mere information that Mistril, the person he saved and longed to see again after such a long time, was recommended for the use of a better word, not to ever walk into the land of wood elves was blasphemy for him.

Gweluven could sense the sudden tension rising between his prince and the lady of Lorien. Everyone could if they were to be honest. Legolas' expression turned stone cold and he looked all defiant in front of the white lady.

"Then maybe it is best if Mistril is sent back to Imladris. Lord Elrond knows how to take care of her and if the fits continue to be as violent as they are now, she has Lord Glorfindel beside her." As Gweluven said those words out loud, he knew deep inside that Glorfindel did not have the same power over Mistril as Legolas did. However, it was the best choice considering how the treatment was going.

Legolas glared at his healer and nodded at Celeborn before he stormed off. Gweluven sighed and followed him closely until they got far enough from the house and almost out of the city.

"What do you truly think, Gweluven?" The prince finally asked.

"Lady Galadriel is right. Mistril is not safe here and neither are we if she loses control over her senses. As for who is trying to control her right now, we both know evil lives in our forest. Nobody has entered the fortress in ages but rumors are not just rumors anymore. Whoever has taken over Dol Guldur has been rather active as of late and we need to protect Mirkwood at all costs." Gweluven spoke from the heart, as a civilian who didn't know what Faervel was actually doing.

But Legolas had a vague idea and he was not about to stand in some other elven city and watch his people fight by themselves.

"We will return to Mirkwood tomorrow. I need to speak to Faervel as soon as possible." Legolas ordered, acting like the prince he was. "And Gweluven, forget what Lady Galadriel said. As long as I am alive, Mistril will always be welcome to Mirkwood." He added in a quiet yet authoritarian tone.

As if Mistril could hear them through the rocks and stones, she calmed down after that brief discussion. She calmed down to the point she didn't need to be restrained anymore and she even apologized to Illion for his fractured knee.

"It is as if nothing happened to her," Elladan whispered to his brother as they saw the orange-haired elleth wander through the forest by herself. "Did the calming draught finally work?"

"Maybe. She seems to be the same Mistril we brought here." Elrohir said.

But Mistril knew exactly what happened and what decision made her calm down. She was to leave the elves alone. Evil was too close and it was luring her in. Mistril was sent back in order to receive punishment for the lives she took as Daewen and that mistake was never going to happen again. She was not a killer, to begin with, she was the daughter of a blacksmith. With that thought in mind, she searched for Galadriel and once she found her she let the words come like a flood.

"I will leave and I will go to a land where there are no triggers. I know you don't want me around elves in general so I will go someplace else."

"It is not about what I want but about what you are afraid of," Galadriel said in a strict yet empathic tone. "When will you tell them the truth? When will you admit it to yourself?"

"Not yet. I will leave as soon as possible."

"That is what Legolas decided too. He plans to return to Mirkwood."

"When?" Mistril asked, aware of the danger lurking in Dol Guldur.

"Immediately as the sun rises. Will you go with him?" She asked as if she knew the answer already.