"Ready!" I called, and Ames came out a few minutes later. She wore a skirt, and a tank top. It all looked casual and with her long ponytail she looked great. She added a big purse like me. I grabbed my flip flops and so did she. I loved the way my flip flops made noises when I took steps.

"You look gorgeous." She complemented as we went down the stairs. I raised my eyebrows at her in awe.

"Uh no. You do." I told her. She shook her head firmly. We flipped down the stairs, and into the living room. My parents where packing stuff there and they smiled when they saw us.

"Aren't you going to pack?" Mom asked, stuffing something into the suitcase she was bringing.

"Did my handcarry. All that's left is the big suitcase. I'll do it later. Right now I just need a break." I told her, and she nodded.

"Alright, be back soon though." Dad called, and we made our way to the door. I opened the door and we went outside, some heat hitting us. It was 27 degrees, pretty good for Canada.

I grabbed my sunglasses and placed them on my nose, covering my eyes. I grabbed my car keys and started up my Toyota. I turned the key into the engine and there it went. Ames clicked up on the radio station Kiss 92.5 and we sang along to Uptown Funk. I loved this radio station. It surely was the best. "UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP. UPTOWN FUNK YOU UP." Ames sang loudly. I laughed.

Glancing outside, I reversed out of the driveway and drove along out neighbourhood. The houses were pretty medium sized and the driveways were too. I drove alongside the houses and a few people I spotted were outside on the sidewalks and a few cars rolled along. It was peaceful. I liked it.

I drove along and made a sharp left, and then a right. I stopped in front of the Stop sign and saw the park close to us. It was called 'Jumpy Meadows'. It was pretty big and I've spent my whole childhood playing in it. I smiled and drove away straight down the road, and our neighbourhood soon ended. Ames lived farther from me, in an apartment.

I drove on the main road, and Ames was busy snapping a selfie. When the red light came, we took a quick selfie. Then after she posted it with her cecullar data wifi. "10 likes already!" She grinned, and got off Instagram. I laughed. "We're sexy like that." I joked and drove since the green light shone.

Passing by stores and people, we reached Square One. It was close by. I loved it. It was just so cozy and I've spent my whole life shopping there. Ames smiled at the sight of it. We drove past and then finally, after 20 minutes we reached our destination. It was forest around the place and there were loads of cars. I payed for the parking and we got out of my car. I grabbed the umbrella and a little cloth for me to lay on. Ames grabbed hers and we went. There was an ice cream truck already there, and there was a cabin place building for washrooms. I smiled at the scent of barbecues.

We stepped into the sand. I grinned widely, the beach was my ideal place to go. Kids and families, along with gangs and teenagers like us, surrounded the place. They were inside the beach, and the beach was very big. Me and Ames chose a spot close to a rocky place and it was pretty peaceful, with the sound of birds and the beach rolling and kids laughing and splashing.

I laid my blanket and umbrella. I sighed and decided to go into the water. "I'm going in," I informed Ames. She nodded.

I threw off my clothes and caught the hot life guard watching me with a smirk. I turned away, I seriously am not supposed to look at boys during my menses. It turns out bad, since my hormones are growling and I want to make out with every hot guy I see. I winced.

I had put on a you know what where you can swim in it. I smiled at myself and ran into the water easily. I splashed Ames completely on her face. She shrieked and we swam laps in the Lukewarm water.