Chapter 8: You Tell Him Drunk Shikamaru!

A/N: I AM SO SORRY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. I HOPE I MADE IT UP TO YOU WITH THIS JUICY 7,000 WORD CHAPTER. 

ALSO THANK YOU FOR THE 999 READS!!!

ALSO, THE DRESS ABOVE IS Y/N'S IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT IMAGINE WHATEVER YOU WANT!

I LOVE YOU ALL.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

It was finally Friday, the day I would be seeing the rest of the gang. I wouldn't say I was trying to avoid them, but I think a little part of me was, afraid and overwhelmed by everything. I was also just incredibly busy trying to settle into my apartment and seeing my aunt who is now the Hokage. Lady Tsunade has been wanting to catch up and make sure I was okay after what happened to my parents. She also informed me of a possible mission coming up. A part of me was excited to go on a mission, it's been years, but first, she wanted to test my skills against Kakashi in the next coming week, understanding I need time to settle and train again.

During my free time, Shikamaru would come and check on me, well really, he was always around when he didn't have meetings with the Hokage.

It was kind of cute, him coming to my apartment every day to "see how I was doing", which was often code for "I'm taking a nap".

Sometimes he would come over, go to his house to play Shogi with Shikaku, then come back, bringing leftovers.

Other nights he would drag me to his house which always led to a sleepover.

Honestly every night it was a sleepover, switching between my apartment or his house; yet his parents never seemed to mind. I overheard Shikamaru and Shikaku in the Shogi room one night. Shikaku told his son that he was proud he was watching over me, keeping me safe.

I could hear Shikamaru rolling his eyes when his dad asked if there was any other reason, we were attached to the hip 24/7. As I walked away to talk to Yoshino, I could hear him mutter something inaudible, I figured I'd ask him about it later.

I genuinely love the moments Shikamaru comes over or asks to meet me places, It feels like nothing has changed.

I had a couple of hours until I had to get ready. I woke up this morning, hearing Shikamaru's soft snores, his hair was unkept and sticking out in all different directions, I couldn't help but chuckle.

I woke him up and told him he could stay but that I was going to go look for something to wear for tonight.

He turned over, still groggy and half-asleep, asking if I wanted him to come with me.

I told him he could stay at my place and to just lock up when he left. He simply nodded and turned over, but before he did, he told me he would meet me here at 9.

With that, I walked into the streets of Konoha, hoping to find the perfect outfit.

As I was rummaging through the racks of clothes, I heard a familiar voice, "we have to find something amazing to wear tonight, I think Naruto said we are all meeting at 9:30," I turned around and noticed a long blonde ponytail, long black hair, and pink hair.

Immediately I registered the three girls to be Ino, Hinata, and Sakura. Their faces were a dead giveaway, the only things that have changed were their matured bodies, now we were women.

As I turned around surrounded by racks, I made noise that attracted their attention. It took them a minute but as soon as they registered it was me, their mouths hung open.