Chapter 6: Dammit Shikaku! You Should've Grabbed The Camera!

A/N: This one is for you @sasoris_slut thank you for enjoying the story and interacting! It's given me the motivation to write! I sincerely hope I didn't disappoint with this chapter!

isn't he delicious? I could stare at him forever!

also when I mention "kami" it equates to "Oh God" the expression! (no religious connotations).

I'm super proud of this one so please fangirl over it!!

Follow my insta @nunlikenaruto for some super crappy edits like the one above!

back from commercial break, your watching Disney Channel!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shikaku's P.O.V

Yoshino was stumbling from drinking with (y/n). My chest filled with warmth at the sound of her carefree laughter, I couldn't help joining her.

I could tell she was ecstatic to have (y/n) back in this house as she practically grew up in it.

(y/n) was the daughter my wife never had. It was like their relationship picked up where they had left off.

I allowed the memories of when (y/n) and her parents would be over for dinner, always resulting in a sleepover filled with joy and laughter. Often time we adults drunk. Those are memories we will always cherish.

I guided my wife to the bedroom where I helped her get ready for bed, finally laying her under the covers.

"y-you should check on the k-kids," she slurred as I nodded, "l-let me know if any-anything interesting happens," her voice was mischievous, but seconds later I could see her fading into a deep sleep. I chuckled slightly as I nodded my head before giving her a quick peck on her forehead.

It had been around twenty minutes since Shikamaru went to take care of (y/n) so I was sure they would be asleep by now; he always complains when he doesn't get the maximum amount of sleep when he can.

Without sleep, he can really be quite a drag.

I tiptoed as If I was on a mission, making sure to be stealthy, not wanting them to hear me on the off chance they were awake.

I stopped dead in my tracks in the hallway a little aways from the door.

If I want to be extra careful, I should mask my chakra since (y/n) was always sensitive to chakra, making her an excellent candidate to be a successful sensory ninja.

I can only imagine how much she's improved compared to when they were kids, she was always a sneaky one.

After masking, I allowed my feet to gently continue the small journey to Shikamaru's room.

Once I opened the door, I found Shikamaru and (y/n) cuddling with little to no space in between their bodies.

It reminded me of when they were kids, except it was much more innocent at the time and there were usually a few inches between them.

His arm was tightly wrapped around (y/n)'s waist holding her close to his chest as if he was scared he would lose her again.

I could tell how much her lack of presence affected my son. Even tonight I could see the smile plastered on his face along with his mood a lot brighter than usual.

His face nuzzled into her neck seeming completely relaxed and at home with her by his side. He may not know it yet, hell, she might not even know it yet, but their connection breaches far beyond platonic love.