Chapter 18: FlashBack Light

You walked to the gym and when you entered you saw everyone else was already there. You looked to see Shuichi who was giving the evil eye and Kaito was confused.
"My North Star! Why is Shuichi wet and giving you the evil eye?" Kaito asked and remembering it you tried not to laugh.
"It's because Shuichi was being gross and fantasizing about Y/N in the pool!" Tenko yelled and Kaito's eyes widened and he turned to Shuichi.
"What?!" Kaito yelled.
"No it's not like that! I wasn't I swear! I promise I'm not that kind of guy!" Shuichi defended himself his face pale.
"Wow Shuichi I didn't know you were like that!" Kokichi giggled.
"He's gross that's for sure!" Miu yelled.
"Shuichi no gentleman!" Gonta yelled.
"I believe that he didn't mean it like that. I just wanted them to throw him in the pool and hearing him scream was hilarious." You laughed remembering everything.
"I'm going to get you back!" Shuichi laughed pointing at you with determination in his eyes.

"And here I thought we were in a killing game." Ryoma sighed.
"I thought so too but I guess they're just childish." Angie beamed giggling.
"I for one find it a bit...refreshing I think Y/N would be the perfect friend..." Korekiyo creepily chuckled looking at the ground.
"Y/N watch out for Freakshow! He'll probably try to play this game!" Miu warned giving Kiyo the evil eye.
"Ahem! We are here for the flashlight. Let's try to stay on topic." Kirumi reminded looking at everyone and it was obvious she was annoyed and her aura made everyone quiet down and get back to the important stuff.
"Sorry." You Kaito and Shuichi quickly apologized looking down and she nodded her head accepting it and then Monokuma appeared.
"If something has you worried just let Monokuma take care of it!" Monokuma yelled.
"Tell us Monokuma. What is this flashlight?" Angie asked holding it up.
"Why that's a flashback light." Monokuma answered.
"A...flashback light?" Korekiyo asked.
"Can you explain what that is please?" You questioned.
"Sure thing. That flashlight doesn't shed light on darkness it sheds light on your lost memories." Monokuma explained.
"Lost memories...?" Ryoma trailed off giving a confused look.

"You guys seemed concerned that you couldn't remember how you came to this school...But if you use that flashback light you can remember everything!" Monokuma laughed placing his paws on his stomach.
"What...? With this light?" Shuichi asked confused looking at Monokuma.
"So it's your fault we don't remember when we were kidnapped huh?!" Kaito barked forming a fist.
"What did you so to us and how did you steal our memories away?" Kirumi firmly inquired.
"Hmm maybe if you use the flashback light you'll be able to remember that too." Monokuma giggled.
"Huh so this flashback light could provide us with some answers. Interesting..." You trailed off thinking about if it really could hold our memories.
"I don't believe it. No way this flashlight will recover our memories." Maki sighed looking at the ground.
"Well you gotta remember we aren't in a normal situation. So maybe just maybe it could or maybe it's a hoax but we won't know unless we use it." You countered and Maki glanced up at you and then sighed realizing that you were right. The only way to know for sure was to try it out.
"Oh so you want to try it out?" Monokuma asked looking at you.
"I see it as an experiment if you will. We can't rule out any possibility without testing it first if what you're saying is true and it can unlock our memories I'm willing to give it a shot because we don't know how many memories we truly lost." You answered and everyone started to murmur and mutter and then Monokuma chuckled and then left.

Everyone was looking around the room with different expressions on their faces but the main question that was looming over everyone's head was should we or should we not use it and test it out.
"I say let's test it." You stated looking around the room and everyone gasped.
"No way! I refuse it reeks of fishiness! Stop acting like some wild degenerate male!" Tenko growled pointing at you.

"Yeah Gonta no can believe flashlight can bring back memory." Gonta agreed glaring at you.
"Well why not ask someone who knows machines? We've got the Ultimate Inventor right here." Ryoma shrugged looking at Miu.
"You're all a bunch of dummies! No way that thing can treat amnesia! Then again these aren't exactly normal circumstances..." Miu muttered doubting her original answer.
"So in such an uncanny environment as this common sense has no place." Korekiyo sighed.
"Well I mean there are those neuralyzer things. The flashy things from Men In Black..." Tsumugi pointed out.
"Why are you talking about a movie? This is real life." Maki scoffed and glared at Tsumugi.
"Y-You're right...Sorry." Tsumugi apologized.
"I don't think we should do it I'm scared it might cause some weird side effects." Kokichi frowned.
"Nyeeeh Im worried how it will affect my magic." Himiko sighed.
"Has everyone spoken? If we're in accord I will consent as well." Kirumi spoke. "What about you Shuichi? You have not said anything yet."
"What?! I-!" Shuichi gasped not liking being put on the spot.
Kaito then walked up to you with a big grin on his face and placed his hand on your shoulder. "Alright! Then it's decided! Let's use it!"
"Huh? Who decided that? We were all saying how dangerous it sounds well besides Y/N who wants to use it for a scientific investigation." Tsumugi said her blue eyes looking at you.
"Well even if you're scared who cares? This is a scary situation but if we don't use or at least test out the things we're given then we won't ever leave this place." You stated looking at everyone and Kaito agreed.